Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Juel said: "Do you have a 72 or a 75 model? I have the owners manel to my 72 if you need a copy. It is not in the best shape but I could try to copy it and send it to you."

Hi Juel, I guess my fingers are to big or I need to learn to type better. Our trailor is a 1972 soveriegn, 31 foot, rear bath. I have a service manual for a 1973. If I understand the service manual correctly, it sounds like the outer pane is saftey glass and the inner pane is plexiglass and you need to remove it from the outside by drilling out the rivets. My vista windows have very small screws in the lowers corners of the windows. They are about the size of a eyeglass hinge screw. It looks like someone drilled the holes to let some water out and filled the hole with the screw. I don't plan on working on the windows for a while yet. We have quite a list of things to fix and are looking forward to a couple of short trips. We have been tent campers for a long time and are looking forward to moving up.
Thanks for all your help, Bill
Airdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Marietta , Ohio
Airdog,
If your camper is a 72 model and your owners is a 1973. I am not sure which type of window you have? Is it the orginal owners manuel? The 1972 windows are different from the 1973 and 1975 models. My year (72) has a plastic inner pane that has it's own frame so we plan on cleanning it and putting it back. the 1973-1974 have an aluminum snap ring. From 1975-1984 have a glass inner pane and have no snap ring they are said to be the hardest. Check out the vintage airstream website and you will find more information in the FAQ section if you scroll through all the questions.

Juel, your year is different you have a totally different window . I think you might have to break the glass on yours. Check out the vintage airstrean website that is where I found my info it is in the FAQ section scroll through the questions until you find the question about these small windows.
Bethy Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Hi Bethy Ann, I fellowed the instructions on this thread, the 7th posting. It was very easy to follow. It took me longer to figure out how to make our camara take small pictures(jpeg size) than to post the pics.

The
Old 04-30-2008, 09:22 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Hi Bethy Ann, I did it again. I am not sure what I am doing to make it post earily. The title and owners manual say the trailor is a 1972. It also came with a 1973 Airstream Service Manual. The Service Manual has is larger (281 pages) and has much more detail. Both have been very helpful, but this forum has exspanded, clarified and added to the imformation they provide. Thanks again, Bill