Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Vintage Kin Owner
Katy , Texas
New guy in town

Greetings from Houston. I have been a lurker for way too long, but I have found tons of information and followed many interesting and informative threads. Hope to help where I can in the future.

My pride and joy is a 1977 Minuet (aka "The Palace") not perfect but then is anything 36 years old perfect? It is my first trailer. I started as a kid back-packing and tent camping in Western NC, graduated to camping out of my MGTD, followed by an old Westfalla and that by a SportsMobile. Definitely think the trailer is the way to go!

I have already been bitten by the "alumanitus" bug. Found a 1947 25ft Spartan that is undergoing a complete rehab - body is off and learning as we go. Really starting from scratch, it had no interior and covered top to bottom with spray on foam insulation. Never ever do that to a trailer! Do have a partner in crime so hopeing two wrongs can turn out right. We also bought a 1978 28ft Argosy to scavage parts from, thought the bath would work in the Spartan but not feeling that anymore. It does have good pano windows so I have spares for the Minuet.

Each trip out in "The Palace" finds a new improvment - pretty much complete so it's time to camp!

See you down the raod!
TanCanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Awesome!!

Hope to see pics!

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
New guy in town

Greetings TanCanMan!

Welcome to the Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanCanMan View Post
Greetings from Houston. I have been a lurker for way too long, but I have found tons of information and followed many interesting and informative threads. Hope to help where I can in the future.

My pride and joy is a 1977 Minuet (aka "The Palace") not perfect but then is anything 36 years old perfect? It is my first trailer. I started as a kid back-packing and tent camping in Western NC, graduated to camping out of my MGTD, followed by an old Westfalla and that by a SportsMobile. Definitely think the trailer is the way to go!

I have already been bitten by the "alumanitus" bug. Found a 1947 25ft Spartan that is undergoing a complete rehab - body is off and learning as we go. Really starting from scratch, it had no interior and covered top to bottom with spray on foam insulation. Never ever do that to a trailer! Do have a partner in crime so hopeing two wrongs can turn out right. We also bought a 1978 28ft Argosy to scavage parts from, thought the bath would work in the Spartan but not feeling that anymore. It does have good pano windows so I have spares for the Minuet.

Each trip out in "The Palace" finds a new improvment - pretty much complete so it's time to camp!

See you down the raod!
I don't know precisely what it is about a Minuet that makes it such an easy to love travel trailer, but it is hard not to smile whenever near the trailer . . . . and it can be towed by so many different tow vehicles. Since 1977 was the first year for the Minuet series, I am curious as to whether yours has the composite aluminum floors and which of the three sizes it might be.

Again, Welcome to the Forums!

Kevin

P.S.: If you haven't already posted to the Argosy VIN Database thread, please consider doing so as Forum members are trying to learn more about the history of our trailers through their VINs.
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote