Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2007, 10:39 AM   #1

1968 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
New Guy

Hi,
I'm new to both Airstream and vintage trailers . . . just got a 1968 22' Land Yacht in "as is" condition and am beginning the make-useable process. The trailer belonged to a close college friend (also now age 60) who recently suffered brain damage in a triathlon swimming accident. I hope to use it mostly at NM and TX sheep herding trials, hauling a couple of very excited border collies and a equally-enthusiastic girlfriend to the events.

I'm paying close attention to the vintage Airstream and related sites, hoping to get the trailer towable, systems all working, then interior customization and exterior finish. I have good mechanic friends who will help, but expect to post entries about lots of specific issue. Am already listening to some cool trailer music: "Queen of My Doublewide," "Carve that Possum," "Living in Aluminum," and "Too Much Pork for Just One Fork."

Am looking forward to the forum!
DaveB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
1959 22' Flying Cloud
fairview , New Mexico
Hi and welcome to the forumn. There is a lot of info and very friendly people out here. You will find that there is no where that you can find info of this calibur anywhere else. enough said. welcome and post some pics
arodriguez60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
welcome daveb, so sorry to hear about your friend's accident. hope things turn around for him. you will love your new airstream! reading your post you sound like you must be a riot! i enjoyed reading about your music choices! sounds like you are a lot of fun! you won't find better help and friends anywhere than you will here, blessings and happy airstreaming!
airstreamers is offline   Reply With Quote