Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2010, 02:03 AM   #1

na , na
new gurl here..

i'm khelzy..don't have any airstream yet but planning to have one..hope that this is the right place? i'll just look around for now..
khelzy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:49 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
If you're planning on getting an Airstream (includinding Argosy, Landyachts, ect) this is definitely the place to be. There's so much information, and so many helpful people here, that no matter what trailer you find/buy you will have all the information to fix any issue that occurs, guidance on how to avoidissues, and helpful advise to help get you started Welcome to our addiction Tony
Catman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khelzy09 View Post
i'm khelzy..don't have any airstream yet but planning to have one..hope that this is the right place? i'll just look around for now..
A great place to learn what you do and don't want before you put your money on the line....

Welcome again.

L.
WBCCI #8701* TAC MA-1 * NEU UNIT
Gracie...A Liver & White GSP
Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
Whirlaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Welcome to THE place for all things Airstream! You'll find out more than you ever wanted to know here! Have a ball!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:55 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1969 23' Safari
New Orleans , Louisiana
the toughest part about wanting an airstream is being patient enough to learn all you need to know before buying

folks like me dont' have that kind of fortitude

we learn a bit, then jump in the pool......d@mn the water temps! full speed ahead! I MUST have a silver twinkie hooked to my pickup!

we "learn" airstream on our first trailer....bust up a bunch of our knuckles, snoot full 'o dirt, and a bunch of torn sweatshirts later.... then the second purchase (beginning of the collection?) is a much, much wiser investment of cash with the knowledge acquired...

of course, I'm speaking from the renovator/restorator's perspective here and I'm the former not the latter (those are the HARDCORE streamers with massive skills/tools/patience and near-museum-quality trailers to show for it..)

finest vintage and custom Airstream trailers

like this!
fotochop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Welcome, New Gurl.

I'm a vintage nut, so I drove around southern California and Utah looking, for over two years, knocking on doors, leaving phone number, etc. before I finally got my first one 11 years ago. It got a little bit harder as they became more popular, but I still manage to snag one about every 2-3 years.

If you're handy, or want to become handy, vintage is the way to go. You won't 'stream as much 'cause you'll be fixing things, but [to the consternation of the folks who only buy ready-to-go models] you'll also be proud and confident.

By the way, don't be too shy to show your approximate location. When other members see you are nearby, you'll get offers of help, once you have an Airstream. If no one has a clue where you are, it's hard to be motivated to make the offer.

Zep