Old 09-25-2016, 06:44 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Canton , Georgia
New from Georgia!

Hello everyone! I am posting again because I think I posted incorrectly last night. Not sure where that post ended up. 🙃We live outside Atlanta and just purchased our first Airstream - a Flying Cloud 23FB. We are super excited to take her out in 3 weeks for the first time. Would love to hear from others with this floor plan. We have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee summit diesel that we will use to tow. We are upgrading (way up) from a Sylvan GO tent camper. We are planning to retire in a little less than 2 years. We wanted to get an Airstream now so we could get a little taste of what our retirement might look like. Thanks.

Cindy

Old 09-25-2016, 06:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Here is where you posted and some good replies. Check under Quick links to see threads you posted in ...you can choose to subscribe to the threads for ease of finding them again...there is so much going on here thats the only way to keep up...

we are in Woodstock, Hickory Flat area.

AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:38 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Greetings, welcome, congrats

I have a vintage 20 footer. If I won the lottery I would want the FC23FB. I saw the original rear door Argosy at a restoration shop and REALLY like the floor plan.

So…where will your first trip be? ( guessing not to far ) so how about the second?
Old 09-25-2016, 08:43 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . Great, another Atlantan ! just kidding (I lived there 35 years) Welcome to the tribe & get out on the road ! We love it & Airstreams too, Travel Safe, Craig
Old 09-25-2016, 08:55 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinmeredith View Post
Hello everyone! I am posting again because I think I posted incorrectly last night. Not sure where that post ended up. ��We live outside Atlanta and just purchased our first Airstream - a Flying Cloud 23FB. We are super excited to take her out in 3 weeks for the first time. Would love to hear from others with this floor plan. We have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee summit diesel that we will use to tow. We are upgrading (way up) from a Sylvan GO tent camper. We are planning to retire in a little less than 2 years. We wanted to get an Airstream now so we could get a little taste of what our retirement might look like. Thanks.

Cindy
Hi Cindy, welcome again So you have Seagars and Cinmeredith? or is one for your DH? On the left side of the screen just above the 'Post Reply' button is one for User CP (control panel). Click that and it shows you your posts to subscribed threads.

If you don't want 2 accounts you can request the admin to consolidate both into one of them.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:37 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Canton , Georgia
Not sure how I ended up under Seagars but I unsubscribed. Thanks for pointing that out. I am all over the place.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:04 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Signal Mountain , Tennessee
Hi Cindy, and welcome. We live in Chattanooga and Cartersville. (long story) So, I guess we can say, "hi neighbor". We plan on doing our first Falluminum at the N. GA Fairgrounds weekend of Oct. 21. Maybe there will a campsite opening there for you.

Happy AS camping.
TN, Greenest State in the Land of the Free
" America is not a place;it is a road." Mark Twain
Tn Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:02 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Canton , Georgia
Greetings! Thanks for your replies everyone. I am so excited to take off in our new AS but alas, we have grandkid duty the next two weekends. The weekend of the 14th is our first opportunity. We will head to the Wears Valley area of the Smokies.

Cindy
Old 09-28-2016, 02:20 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
Bowdon , Georgia
Welcome from another GA member. We love most of the state parks and that makes for quick weekend camping trips. Heading to Sloppy Floyd next weekend!
Old 11-26-2016, 07:31 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Canton , Georgia
Picked this thread up again....have you GA folk been to Carter's Lake area, Doll Mountain Camp Ground? It's 45 minutes from us and we are planning to check it out in early May. We've already reserved a site. It looks like a nice area.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:20 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Cumming , Georgia
Come to Top of Georgia Airstream park north of Helen in the spring. You'll like it. No reservations needed, just come. $12/night full hookups.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:20 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Canton , Georgia
Thank you for mentioning that! top of Georgia is also on our list. I noticed it is open all year round. We have our AS in indoor storage for this first winter so we won't be needing to winterize. I'd love to get out for the weekend on maybe a milder weekend in the winter. I noticed that they don't allow dry camping, so how does that work? Will hook ups be available even in winter? Sorry if these are dumb questions. It's all new to me.

Cindy
Old 11-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Nowhere , Somewhere
I think the part above the bridge is open all year.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Canton , Georgia
Hey there DeltaRon (and anyone else who is familiar) is the Top of Georgia pretty accessible on holiday weekends? We are thinking ahead to Memorial Weekend. It's only 45 minutes from us and we usually can leave after work around 3 on a Friday. We always have a reservation somewhere on holidays.