Old 07-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2002 25' Classic
Portland , Oregon
New AS owner in Oregon- HOWDY!

Hi all. I already love this forum and all of the resources available. I am recently retired at 60 and my wife at 70 is also retired. We just purchased our '02 25' Classic off Craigslist for 23K. It has been very well maintained, but we don't know the actual mileage that has been put on it. I intend to perform all of the maintenance up to and including 10K miles, just to make sure everything is covered. The tires look good with plenty of tread, so I believe it is under 10K miles. It came fully equipped with bedding, kitchenware,etc. 3 nice storage lockers with all needed maintenance and mechanical equipment, lubes, etc.

This is our first RV. Up to now we have camped in a tent, with luxury equipment, but this Airstream thing is a whole new level for us. I think we done good.

We want to explore all that the northwest has to offer, from Utah up to B.C., then explore further. When I first retired, I wanted to do some international travel...a sailing cruise in the Greek islands for example. That may eventually happen, but I think there is as much or more to see in our own US of A, so this is the direction we are headed.

I look forward to meeting AS owners in the Portland area- please chime in! Although I have a full set of manuals for the AS and its equipment, I will need advice, so I hope to connect with local people to learn more and be a safe and smart travel tower.

Please reply to this if you have any advice for a newbie, especially if you are in the neighborhood.

Colby and Diana Lamb

clamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
Welcome to the Forum! The 25 Classic is a great rig. We have made a couple of trips thru Origon. Lots of beautiful sights there. Hope to see you on the road one if these days.

Scott, Becky & Heidi (our standard poodle and travel companion)
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member
2003 22' International CCD
bend , Oregon
We are new members too! If you find your way towards Bend let us know? We have a 2003 CCD 22 footer. Endless places to see around here.
bendstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #4

Vintage Kin Owner
1973 Avion Travelcader 25' , ...
Welcome Colby and Diana. We're glad to have you with us and look forward to your participation.

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Likes Shiny Tings
1958 26' Overlander
Portland , Oregon
Greetings! Congratulations!
Sounds like you are going to have some fun just in time for the best part of Summer and Fall.
We are actually on the road right now coming back from Tucson where we just picked up our first AS, a vintage 1958 Overlander. It is going to be an interior project to remodel before we start traveling and a learning curve to find out how everything works on a trailer. We live on Mt Tabor in Portland.
MaryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member
2012 16' International
2015 25' FB International
Milwaukie , Oregon
Hi Colby and Diana You'll be surprised how many Oregonians are on the forums here! We've owned our Bambi for a year now...and 26 trips later (mainly short weekend trips) we still love it!!

Good luck to you...hopefully we'll see you out there

My Blog and photo diary:

The Small Small Trailer
valmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member
1957 22' Flying Cloud
portland , Oregon
lots of oregonians on the boards and out there on the roads of our beautiful state. there is also a very active rally group, with various events held during the year. i am a solo mom with 2 kids and we've loved our 1957 flying cloud . i bought it last fall, and got back from the restoration guru in march this year. we've taken it out as much as possible this year. starting next summer we are planning to visit the national parks for my summer vacation time. we've already been to north cascades and crater, i think we are likely to head to glacier next year. here's the best shot of our recent trip to newberry crater. cause i gotta say , i love my airstream!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lp3.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	164355  
cbcnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #8
Aluminum in 3-D
1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Welcome to the Airstream Family! You never camp alone when you have an Airstream. If you want to learn more about your trailer and camping in Oregon check out the Oregon Unit WBCCI monthly breakfast in Portland, we would love to have you join us. We also have rallies once a month during the camping season and you always learn when a group of airstreamers get together.
Past President Oregon unit WBCCI
This isn't your grandmothers WBCCI

Air Forum#17236

Check out the Oregon WBCCI Club and Airstream Living Oregon unit 090 on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member
2002 25' Classic
Portland , Oregon
Wow! Thank you all for the warm welcome. I really look forward to meeting you and other AS owners during our travels. Blue Pearl, thanks for the invite- I'll look into it.

I've been working on the trailer since Friday, cleaning it inside and out, checking all details. I topped off the propane tanks, bought new batteries (Trojans), sanitized and refilled the water tank, and replaced broken parts on the rock shields.

Diana is funny- she doesn't like to hear technical stuff. She's a gardener. So, I'm trying to explain to her why I need to replace the converter with a 3 stage one. I had to relate it to planting something and varying the fertilizer as it grows, so you don't end up over-fertilizing when it's mature!

Well, I don't want to ramble- this is probably boring some of you. I need to start posting my newbie questions to the appropriate boards.

Again, I really do appreciate the welcome, and do hope to meet up with many others.

Anyone want to buy some real nice tent camping stuff??
clamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #10
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Welcome aboard.

urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote