Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2006, 02:39 PM   #1

1975 26' Argosy 26
lake forest , California
New Argosy Owner

Hello,
Our names are John and Debra Svoboda. We just purchased a 1975 Argosy trailer and are looking forward to many enjoyable trips in it. I would like to locate an owners manual for it if one exists so if anyone out there can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. This is the first trailer I have owned and I am not that knowlegable about the ins and outs of trailer operation and maintenence.

Thanks,

John and Debra Svoboda
15 Rancho Circle
Lake Forest, Ca 92630

949 586-5120
john@svobodastudios.com
john svoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Welcome aboard, you'll have a blast with your new Trailer! PM me if you need parts, I have one (73) that I'm starting to part out..
Good luck!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on finding an Argosy that Balrgn had not already purchased.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Try the search function

Click on the "Search" button and enter "Argosy Service manual" - for starters. You'll get to a lot of threads that cover just this issue. I think if you can't find an Argosy service manual, your next best bet would be one for an Airstream of similar vintage. Most basic systems; propane, water, electricity aren't that different between the two. Good luck on your new adventure.

You'll also meet other Argosy owners here who've done a great deal of restoration, so their practical experience may be even more useful than the manuals.

I'll add one thing as a non-restorer (so far!). My two cents is that safety and convenience are worth more than strict authenticity... (I'd also get rid of the "harvest gold" countertops... but that's aesthetic). A 30 year old water heater or furnace could possibly be in good shape, but it's unlikely. Spring for new rather than trying to patch old propane devices. A fire in your unit or worse is a real possibility if you try to "fix" old propane devices. With new devices you get the electric ignitions too. Happiness is never having to light the water heater outside in a blowing cold rain! Most stovetops or ovens will remain safe, but if they show heavy wear, maybe it's time to replace them too. Add a carbon monoxide detector immediately. Propane is heavier than air, so mount it LOW.

Welcome and enjoy your "egg".

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:23 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Welcome John and Debra...like you, I'm not very experienced with rving...this forum is a wealth of information and it is shared willingly...when you have a question, just ask...joe...
joewinfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:42 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
New Argosy Owner

Greetings John and Debra!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Argosy Ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john svoboda
Hello,
Our names are John and Debra Svoboda. We just purchased a 1975 Argosy trailer and are looking forward to many enjoyable trips in it. I would like to locate an owners manual for it if one exists so if anyone out there can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. This is the first trailer I have owned and I am not that knowlegable about the ins and outs of trailer operation and maintenence.

Thanks,

John and Debra Svoboda
15 Rancho Circle
Lake Forest, Ca 92630

949 586-5120
john@svobodastudios.com
I am not absolutely certain, but believe that it may be possible to obtain a reasonably good copy of the '75 Argosy Owner's Manual from Secretarial Services utilizing the information quoted below from the Vintage Airstream Club Website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Airstream Club
Manuals

Q: I need an owners and service manual for my Airstream. Where can I get one?
A: The first owners manuals were published in 1964. Prior to that, the owner received a brown envelope containing parts lists and other helpful information on the accessories in his trailer. The VAC has started making these available in the Members Archive section. A service manual with instructions for performing service operations did not exist until 1972.
You can get photocopies of owners manual (1964+) and service manuals (1972-1986) from:

Helen Davis Secretarial Services
PO Box 484 Sidney, OH 45365
(937)492-8885

Prices are about $33 and $70 respectively. After 1986 the Owners Manuals included available service information.
Good luck with your coach!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:02 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
That's what I was thinking too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on finding an Argosy that Balrgn had not already purchased.
Too funny! That's what I was thinking when I saw this post Chaplain Kent.

Leon and I get to see the work Balrgn has been doing on "The Peanut" this coming weekend as we are attending a White Mountains (NH) rally with him and his lovely wife. I'm sure we will be freezing our buns off.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:21 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Great to see another Argosy join the forum. These are great trailers. I have a 78, 24ft that my husband and I have spent a year working on. It was road worthy right from the start, but working on these things is an addiction. We did replace the AC and the water heater, just for peace of mind. We got the electric/LP water heater, so now most of this trailer will work on electricity alone. We rarely boondock. Got the new Intelipower and a new fuse panel, neither have been installed, but they are here waiting. This will mean our Argosy is about finished. That's depressing. So like many here on the forum, we went out and found a really old Airstream that needs lots of work. Welcome to the fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	18719   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	18720  

juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:38 AM   #9

1975 26' Argosy 26
lake forest , California
I have a 1976 Argosy trailer that I would like to sell, can I advertise it on the Airstream Forums site?
Thanks,

John Svoboda
john svoboda is offline   Reply With Quote