Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Full-Timer , South Dakota
New Airstream

Roughly three years ago I began coveting Airstreams. Two years ago I bought a used '06 Winnebago View - it was a great rig and facilitated many wonderful trips and memories ... but I could not shake the desire for Airstream.

A few months ago my wife and I got serious about trading out the View for an Airstream and the search began. We'd need both a trailer and TV - loads of fun in looking, but ultimately a very stressful process landing on an exact combo.

Having made my 'final' decision at least a half dozen times, we landed on the following set-up: 2012 '27FB Int'l CCD & 2012 F-150 (w/EcoBoost).

Took possession of the truck last week and drove from San Francisco Bay area (Foster City) to Portland Saturday to take possession on Sunday. Folks at Airstream Northwest were great to deal with I'll add.

Currently, shaking down the unit at LL Stub state park ... just another one of great Oregon state parks. The unit is such a treat; we are over the moon happy - so thrilled to finally be enjoying the Airstream. I'm sure I'll be cursing the first leak or some other well documented issue, but for now, we are basking in our new unit happy as ever.

Thanks to all of you in the forum who have responded to my inquiries - your assistance in this process has been incredibly helpful. Now, I just need to finalize my solar decisions ...

Happy camping. _dave

PS - I'll have 700 miles driving home and will be sure to share my thoughts on the EcoBoost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1608.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	162283   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1609.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	162284  

burnsdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
2007 Base Camp
Elk Valley , British Columbia
My co-worker just bought that exact same truck yesterday... and a new SOB trailer he is going to pick up tomorrow...
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Congratulations!!! I am sure you will love both your F-150 and your new Airstream. Don't be too alarmed by some of the negative comments you read about the new trailers, they are better than some people allude to....
Be aware and vigilant and you will be just fine!
There is nothing like an Airstream....
As to the F-150, I own a 2010 with the older 5.4 and I have to say it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Nice choices, I approve of everything and I predict success.
Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote