Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2017, 10:14 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
Somewhere , Minnesota
New 69 Tradewind owners

Hello Airstream community!

After about a year of research, classifieds searching, and lurking around these forums my girlfriend and I finally purchased our airstream.

We ended up purchasing a 1969 Tradewind and have already gotten very involved in it's renovation. The trailer was located down in NC and we currently live in MN. I convinced my pseudo-retired father to come down from Canada and make the drive with me. It was one heck of a drive and an .... almost... flawless recovery mission. Only trouble we ran into was the AC cover flapping away in the wind while driving down the highway.

Here's a pic of my girlfriend and I right after my dad and I made it back to MN. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0290.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	375.4 KB
ID:	287018

The trailer had apparently been sitting abandoned for over 20 years so it's in desperate need of some TLC. With that being said the frame and shell look to be in decent condition which is what we were looking for.

Our plans are to renovate this into a home for the two of us so we can see North America while we work remotely.

I'll be starting up a large thread to chronicle the renovation but as a quick teaser the current situation looks something like this.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0537.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	935.8 KB
ID:	287019

We are looking forward to connecting with more people who are living full time, boondocking, or renovating their airstreams as well as all the rest of you folks here on the airstream forums. I've already learned a lot on here and every day I figure out how much I didn't even know that I didn't know.

Feel free to check us out on Instagram as well @gotoastergo. Website will be coming shortly but isn't quite ready yet.
GoToasterGo '69 Tradewind Renovation
GoToasterGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:10 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
Somewhere , Minnesota
Full Reno thread

Started up the full monte renovation thread.

Here's the link:http://www.airforums.com/forums/f116...ml#post1962011

Check it out, let me know what you think. I'll be adding more to it tomorrow.
GoToasterGo '69 Tradewind Renovation
GoToasterGo is offline   Reply With Quote