Old 10-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
Escondido , California
Hey Tim, I found my tail lights on Amazon.com and they were very reasonably priced. They look great and IMHO, look much cleaner than the stock "can" lights. I had the old cans powder coated a chrome finish and will sell those to anyone interested. Here is the info on the lights.

AutoSmart KL-25105R Red LED Flush-Mount Stop/Turn/Tail ( couldn't get the picture to copy/paste) I bought another pair that was a friction fit type but was afraid I wouldn't be able to cut the hole exactly the right size so I opted for the 3 screw mount and used a rotozip to cut the holes.

Also, I bought the back-up lights from VTS and refitted with a LED bulb from www.led4rv.com.

JT

Old 10-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
mapleton , Utah
Thanks for the info JT. My old Bargman lights are not restore-able so I have been looking for something similar in a flush mount style but I sorta have it stuck in my head that I must have a fully sealed stainless steel can behind it, not a flange or grommet mount. I really don't want it to leak later. I bought some very sturdy cans with 1157 bulbs from VTS hoping that I could adapt them to 4" LEDs but they wont work. I think I may have found some at Superbrightleds.com, need to contact them Monday to confirm.
I bought those same back up lights from VTS, love the look! Are the LED bulbs you retrofitted noticeably brighter?
I wish I was nearly that far along on the polishing. When is Uwe getting you in for your belly pan?
Keep up the good work, we'll keep each other inspired.
tim

Old 10-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
Escondido , California
Hey Lee,
I haven't yet gotten the lights to work. Got sidetracked... You know how it is... I'll have to contact Uwe tomorrow. I talked to his wife Didi last week. They are living in their Airstream at the moment and looking for land to buy and build a house, shop, etc to run their business out of. I know they are slammed and would like to have them do it but if I can't get it in to them this week, I may ask Denny at So. Cal Vintage Trailers again if he would help me. I'll let you know about the lights when I get them to work. I mounted one of the new wheels and tire on last night just to see what it looked like. Pretty cool. Also got a brake controller installed in my truck last week so my brakes can at least be tested now. :0)
Old 10-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
Escondido , California
Finally got the running, brake, and turn signal lights to work properly. Turns out, I blew a fuse on my Nissan for the trailer lights. Just in time to tow it to Uwe. Can't wait to have new belly skins so I can move forward.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2123469306.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	197433