Old 03-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #15

Currently Looking...
Grovetown , Georgia
Oh hooray, I'm not the only military servicemember full-timing!

I'm on the verge of doing exactly the same thing as you. I'm halfway through a 3 year tour here in Georgia, and may be here longer, too, but I don't particularly want to buy a house in this area.

Best of luck to you, and congrats! I hope to hear more about how it goes for you, and any tips you come across as you start out with your own home on wheels.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
_ , Florida
As promised here are some Photos of the new Airstream. It's in great shape and I got a great deal on it. The other airstream in the pictures is my brother's and sister in law's (TavNAsh is their screen name) bunkhouse. Can't wait to start living in it.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Thanks for posting the pics. What I great trailer! I think I recognize the trailer from the Classifieds here at AirForums. Is that where you found it? Anyway, lucky you for finding such a fabulous trailer.

Lisa

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2002 Chinook Destiny | 1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #18
Leavingtherut.com

2005 30' Safari
Key Largo , Florida
Looks great! We have officially named it "Miami Vice".
Old 03-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Indian Harbor Beach , Florida
Congrats on the new babie!! We have the same one,but Cilantro. Great idea for full timing as a single active duty member!! now when the hurricanes come knocking, you can just tow your home away.
Funny...my son called the Marine recruiter inquiring about flight school last week! Any advice, please PM me!
Enjoy your little piece of heaven and thanks so much for your service! We too are retired USAF and Pensacola is a stop for us going west!
See you on the road...or at least Pensacola FamCamp!
Andi and Jim
Old 03-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Rockville , Maryland
Congrats - after spending one summer in Pensacola in Aircrew school, then 3 1/2 years there while in the Blue Angels - I was grateful for the weekend air shows so to get out of town as the summers are so hot and humid....

Guess my point is - on my 2009 '25FB Classic the A/C struggles a bit when hot and humid - maybe since your full timing it - perhaps look for some cover for your 'Stream to help reflect a little sun? Luckily - the 2011 Classic I'm bumping up to has two A/C units for my vists to the home of Naval Aviation.

Enjoy - both the 'Stream & Pensacola.
**I Love U.S.A.**
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

_ , Florida
I didn't find it on the air classifieds, though after I bought it I did see it for sale on it. I found it when I called up the dealer looking for a new 27FB and the salesman just happened to mention he had a 27FB Ocean Breeze for a good price.

Kidsgone, I sent you a PM about talking to your son about flight school. I'm heading down to Pensacola to be a flight instructor actually.

I'm sure I'll see plenty of Airstreamer's coming through Pcola. I think I found a RV Park in Navarre Beach that I'm going to stay at since it's on the Intracostal Waterway so I can come home from work, grab a beer, and catch a redfish for dinner.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
FLMarine: First, thanks for your service to our country. Second welcome to the Forums and on being an Airstream owner. Third, I think it is a nice touch that you got a tow vehicle that has a color match with the Airstream.

Randy Bowman
Old 03-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMarine View Post
I didn't find it on the air classifieds, though after I bought it I did see it for sale on it. I found it when I called up the dealer looking for a new 27FB and the salesman just happened to mention he had a 27FB Ocean Breeze for a good price.

Kidsgone, I sent you a PM about talking to your son about flight school. I'm heading down to Pensacola to be a flight instructor actually.

I'm sure I'll see plenty of Airstreamer's coming through Pcola. I think I found a RV Park in Navarre Beach that I'm going to stay at since it's on the Intracostal Waterway so I can come home from work, grab a beer, and catch a redfish for dinner.
I'm so glad you got that one. I saw it on the forums and tempted, but want twins - and I'm not crazy about wrap around windows in the bedroom. The seller should be happy it went to someone who is serving the country. I think you'll quickly get to LOVE the modification to the bathroom door. No conflict with the shower door or closet door. The other little touches to the closets will be handy too.

Semper Fi, and ENJOY. Paula
Old 03-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Marietta , Georgia
[QUOTE=FLMarine;969748]As promised here are some Photos of the new Airstream. It's in great shape and I got a great deal on it. The other airstream in the pictures is my brother's and sister in law's (TavNAsh is their screen name) bunkhouse. Can't wait to start living in it.

/QUOTE]

Great pics!

FWIW, we ended up replacing the pull-down shades with blinds. We wanted to be able to look out the windows - even when the blinds are down. The shades for us were kind of binary - up or down, but nothing in between.

Someone on this forum had their rear wrap-around windows tinted, which if I could find someone local who could do it, I'd have them do it in a heartbeat. The trick is the curvature of the windows.

The only thing that would make our AS better would be if we could use it more!
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

_ , Florida
I've actually had my truck for six years, though I am a fan of silver vehicles. I also had the bathroom door put back in since it came with the trailer. I know it's not as easy access but I like having a door for when I have guests over. The rear windows came with extra tint on them, but I have no idea who put it on. It will help in the summers down in Florida.

As for the extra cabinet space, I took out the extra storage shelving that was installed on the couch. I plan to have guests over and I like the extra room for people to sit and have the ability to use the pullout bed.

Thanks for the warm introductions here and I'm looking forward to meeting airstreamers in person.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Plant City , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TavnAsh View Post
Congrats dude!!! Can't wait to meet up somewhere!

LOL to funny.