Old 02-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich of SCal View Post
....>snip<...BTW how do you pour bleach into the freshwater sideways??

Have fun getting ready for your first trip to the beach!

Once you have completed your initial sanitation process, you can carry a bottle of a weak water/bleach solution to use as an additive when you fill your fresh water tank from an unfamiliar fresh water source. That's what we do and have never had any issues with the fresh water tank. We can drink it and we can cook with it. (Many don't use their fresh water tanks for drinking or cooking but carry bottled water instead. Space is at a premium for us, so we don't carry bottled water. We use the fresh water tan for everything.)

When you are not able to use your fresh water hose, you will find an offset funnel useful for adding water or purification solutions to the fresh water port. We bought an inexpensive plastic offset oil funnel at an auto supply store and cut off the last angle of the spout so it basically became a 45 degree angle funnel with one bend rather than the original offset funnel with two bends. This can also be used for adding fresh water to your tank from a water container in a campground. It's hard plastic so it will stay in position while you handle the water container ... and since you will be doing this alone most of the time, trust me, you'll want something that stays put allowing you to manage to water jug.

AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
Thanks. I will look for an offset funnel. Didn't even know there was such a thing, but seems like someone has thot of everything, somewhere.

Got my chairs, a tire leveler device, and a few other odds and ends today. Getting pretty exciting and the weather today was like an early summer, in the low 80's!

I had to start deciding what goes in which of all those rubbermaid-like containers they gave me in my rear storage compartment. Keeping my new Sewer-solution, and waterhose/inline filter in separate containers on opposite sides of the compartment! I will hook up the sewer solution and give it a practice run after I sanitize the water supply. I plan to run all that bleach and water thru it. Right now it is still unused, so will just dump it all on ground. Everything will get used down at the beach, tho. And that will be my first official sewer dump. When I return I will not longer be a sewer virgin (and neither will my Stream).

Old 02-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #31
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Quote:
But for now, my Ace is in the open yard, and pointed in the right direction. (Ace= Airstream comfortably equipped).

ACE - Airstream comfortably equipped. Pithy: two thumbs up!

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Orange County , California
Congrats on your new purchase Rich...nice pics. Have fun at the beach!
Old 02-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
Thanks all. I am ready to roll. Just have to attach the Reese stabilizer bars in the morning, throw a couple more items of clothing in my Jeep, and off I go.

It rained yesterday, but gave me a break today so I could complete all my checks and chores. I decided to hitch up today. Tomorrow a storm is expected. This way I won't have to back up in the rain, at least until I get to the beach.

Driving in the rain wasn't the way I wanted to start my adventures, but, oh well, it will be a good test of my new skills and patience. I think I will be ok. This is a light tow.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Have a great time, Rich. Be sure to take pics!

If I remember right, our maiden voyage started with a downpour just as we were heading out of Tucson on I-10 to Picacho Peak about 40 miles away... I know...rain in Tucson! It DOES happen. We were fine, though...just one more exciting thing about the weekend.
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Erie , Colorado
My recent first trip, the rain was no problem. The snow was no problem. Wind was a bigger problem. But you'll be great! Give us the blow by blow!

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
I am completely ready to go. All I have to do is take a shower, dress and drive (saving for last in case I find more dirty work to do). So far rain is just kinda dizzily. Thunderstorms are predicted, but wind looks to be light, thank goodness. I don't leave yet for a couple of hours. Can't check in before 1 p.m. and they charge a penalty to make sure. The park is not even half reserved so I think check in will be fairly easy.

Since I don't know of a place nearby to hang out with a trailer until check in (So Cal traffic and all) I will just wait. Problem with waiting is I keep thinking of more things to take. lol
Old 02-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #37
Tool Hoarder

Currently Looking...
West , California
Congrats Rich! If you are new to towing a little tip on backing up...put your hands on the bottom of the steering wheel. The trailer will go to whatever side you move your hands as oppose to being on the top. Happy Trails!!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #38
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
Well I made it! So far, so good.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Quote:

It's shiny and new and I am enjoying exploring all the nooks and crannies, and checking out the extensive collection of literature that came with it.

The bed is comfortable, and the heater works well. It traveled nicely with my Jeep, despite warnings to the contrary. I will probably add a transmission cooler to the mix, just to be safe.

So far I am very pleased with my investment. It is like a rare sports car. I didn't see another AS in the park or on the highway.

I will add pix later.

-Rich
Congrats on the AS and Wrangler. We, too, have them both and get the sports car analogy; see the plate for our AS (in my avatar).
Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Erie , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich of SCal
Well I made it! So far, so good.
Yay!!! Pictures pictures pictures!

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
I'm reading your posts, Rich, and thinking what it would be like to start from scratch with a new A/S. I'd probably make someone at Camping World very happy, buying all the stuff I thought I'd needed. Fortunately, our 19' Bambi came equipped. The p/o was getting out of camping, and we got all the folding chairs, camp stove, sewer connectors, etc. It took a while to figure it all out, but I'm grateful to have it all. You might think about a plastic mat to put down under the awning and in front of the door. It helps keep the outside dirt outside, and gives you a nice surface on unpaved spots for sitting. I think we got ours from rvawningmats.com
Old 02-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
Moving to new thread

Hey Everybody,

I thought I should move out of the 'new member' section to share my trip info. So you will find my pics and info at this new thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...ml#post1110331

Come say hi!

Tags
16' sport