Old 01-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich of SCal View Post
....>snip<........

OK, now to finish my pics and figure out how to load them?
To upload pics to a post, click on the "Post Reply" button (not the "Quick Reply")...You will get a window for the reply... scroll down to "Additional Options" where you will see "Manage Attachments"...click on that.

You will then get a separate dialogue box in which you can browse your hard drive for photos... Note the types and size limitations of images in the "Manage Attachments" window.

When you have the first 4 photos located, click "Upload"...you will see a list below when they are uploaded... You can repeat this and upload two batches of 4 images + one batch of 2 more images for a total of 10 images max to a single post. When you are finished locating up to 10 images you want to post, after they are uploaded, close the upload dialogue box...

Then when you make the post by hitting "Submit Reply" in the reply window, the photos will appear in your posting.

You can also enter a URL in the appropriate place in the "Manage Attachments" window if you have a photo gallery on line somewhere.

Good luck!

AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Erie , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich of SCal View Post
Tow went well. First night tow was during San Diego rush hour, so was a little intimidating, but the AS tracked nicely and I had less than 10 miles travel to a pull-thru site nearby. Set the stabilizers, plugged in and crashed for the night without even unhitching. Heater worked great in the 40 degree night temp.

Next day got to experience more surface street traffic, the fun of switching lanes with limited visibility, freeway driving, wind, 18 wheelers, and climbing long freeway hills.

Tow speed limit in California is 55 mph. I think me and a couple gravel trucks were the only ones obeying it. But it does seem to be the speed my jeep was rated for, for towing. Not a problem. No sign of overheating (engine at least), but I do plan to add a tranny cooler.
Well done, you! Now let the tours begin.

BTW, check out valmog's blog for gorgeous pics of a 16'. I find her blog to be particularly inspiring!

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
1970 23' Safari
1956 16' Bubble
Jamul , California
Rich,
Welcome and Congratulations on your new Airstream.
You've come to the right place for sharing, getting info and ideas for making the Airstream "YOURS"...This forum rocks!
Please let us know how our new AS dealer in San Diego is doing, I was planning to visit and support with repairs and supply parts.
See you out there!
The " TinDen "
2007 25' International FB
1970 Safari 23' Land Yacht
1956 Bubble 16' California Whale Tail
Charter Member 4 Corners Unit
(View all of elfirebob's images)
elfirebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 28
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Make sure you include a picture of that 'ear to ear grin' we detect in your posts.

A little over a year ago I bought a 1974 to be renovated and it took a month to wipe the grin off my face. If I had bought new I think the grin would still be there.

It will never get old.

Congrats.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
First pics

OK, here are a few pics starting with the first morning at my first rv campground, Santa Fe RV Resort in San Diego, and ending with me reading my welcome letter from Airstream in my cozy new Bambi Sport 16.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	149016   Click image for larger version

Name:	021.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	149017  

Name:	023.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	149018   Click image for larger version

Name:	024.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	149019  

Old 01-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
more

Here's a few more. 1) RV Solutions retro cafe waiting room added greatly to the Airstream retro style (even tho they also sell other brands of rv's). 2) First night in the new bullet. 3) I love the nice bed across the full width of the AS, complete with flatscreen. Got lots of channels right out of the air in SD. 4) "Ladies and Gentlemen, you will notice overhead that we have equipped this airliner with all the latest modern technology. Enjoy your flight!"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	149020   Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	149021  

Name:	018.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	149022   Click image for larger version

Name:	022.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	149023  

Old 01-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Erie , Colorado
Oooh, VERY cool!!!

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
TahoeStream'n

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
That combo looks great!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
First trip coming up

I am preparing for my first trip. 5 days at Dockweiler Beach in sunny So Cal. This will be with full hookups, so I plan to test everything. I purchased a Sewer Solution and Coleman camping coffeemaker, so I think I have the essentials covered. We'll see.

I probably won't take much food, but have to have my morning coffee right away!

I will post more pictures when I return. Unfortunately, I have only been able to post one pic in the album section (and it wasn't one of the better pics I have). I always get a "too large" error. But I seem to be able to post pics in this thread ok.

I set out week after next, Feb 13.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Orem , Utah
I just picked up 16 bambi used

They had 3 calls while I was first one there and jumped to get it. Once I work out some small bugs this trailer will be like new. All ready shopping for new tv with tuner built in. One cool thing I noticed was at night with lights on they would reflect orange color off aluminum interior looked cool! Maybe international model thing I am not sure as my local AS dealer does not have one new or used unit to look at. Thinking I want brand new one but at $45k cough cough I can not justify that kind money. I am also towing with jeep liberty CRD diesel you can surely feel the weight back there but I was rolling 65mph the motor from standstill increased rpms before downshifting. Now shopping for receiver hitch that will push out ball and allow clearance for tire carrier.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcraft View Post
They had 3 calls while I was first one there and jumped to get it. Once I work out some small bugs this trailer will be like new. All ready shopping for new tv with tuner built in. One cool thing I noticed was at night with lights on they would reflect orange color off aluminum interior looked cool! Maybe international model thing I am not sure as my local AS dealer does not have one new or used unit to look at. Thinking I want brand new one but at $45k cough cough I can not justify that kind money. I am also towing with jeep liberty CRD diesel you can surely feel the weight back there but I was rolling 65mph the motor from standstill increased rpms before downshifting. Now shopping for receiver hitch that will push out ball and allow clearance for tire carrier.
Congrats! You are gonna love it. Yes, I could feel it back there when I pulled with my Rubicon Unlimited, but it tracked really well and I just took my time. I got the Reese Dual Cam WD hitch with 800 lb bars. They got the proper hitch extension, etc. so it clears my spare fine. I asked for 600 lb bars, but that's what I got when I picked it up. Your International is heavier, so maybe the 800s would be right for you if you get a WD hitch. They tried to tell me a WD was "overkill" but I don't believe it. Especially if you are doing 65 mph+. Out here towing is limited to 55mph, which is fine with me. I'm not in a hurry.

OK post some pics when you can, and keep us posted as to your upgrades, etc.

Enjoy!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #26
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Beautiful pictures...always nice to get to peek inside! Shiny and pretty for sure. Maybe you'll make your way to Alumapalooza this year in May. I went last year (the year I got my Bambi) and it was a big help talking with other seasoned A/S folks. Learned a lot at the factory, too. Picked up some Airstream Tee shirts that I'm sleeping in all winter long....keeping the dream alive while my "baby" is in cold storage.

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellen60 View Post
Beautiful pictures...always nice to get to peek inside! Shiny and pretty for sure. Maybe you'll make your way to Alumapalooza this year in May. I went last year (the year I got my Bambi) and it was a big help talking with other seasoned A/S folks. Learned a lot at the factory, too. Picked up some Airstream Tee shirts that I'm sleeping in all winter long....keeping the dream alive while my "baby" is in cold storage.
Thanks. Enjoyed your blog. Very cool DWR rig you have. I may make it out there one day, but for now there are so many places around here to explore or just sit back and enjoy.

I do make it out to Tenn now and then, since my daughter lives there in Nashville. I see you may be rodeoing in that area. Have fun.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
Preping for my first solo run

I turned the Stream around in my crowded backyard yesterday, to get it in position to leave Monday for 5 days at the beach. I am glad I didn't wait until Monday to do it. I did it alone to see if I could. Between the house, tuff-shed, carport and gazebo it took what seemed like hours, and many startovers. Problem was I could not see some of the structures when backing up so I kept jumping out and checking every few inches. At one point I thought I was going to have to unhitch and get some volunteers to help me swing it around by hand. But just at that point I saw a ray of hope (and clearance) to make the last turn for position. Ironically it was amost in the same spot I started from, but a few inches over, which make all the difference. Unfortunately it's a spot I can't keep it in or I won't be able to open the door. But for now, my Ace is in the open yard, and pointed in the right direction. (Ace= Airstream comfortably equipped).

Now I have a few days to sanitize, clean, load, and practice my sewer hookup skills. BTW how do you pour bleach into the freshwater sideways??

Tags
16' sport