Old 11-12-2017, 10:31 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Poway , California
Need a volunteer inspector In Hillsboro, Tx

HI, all,
My name is Perry Tuey and I'm getting ready to purchase my first Airstream. It's a used 2006 International Airstream CCD 19' located in Hillsboro, Tx. I'm flying out from San Diego on 30 Nov to come inspect the unit and close the deal, but I would certainly appreciate the help of one of the volunteer inspectors to do a thorough checkout before I get there. Thanks for reaching out to me. You can reach me by phone at 858-578-7497 or use my private email: tueyusna81@gmail.com
Thank you. We are so looking forward to starting our camping adventures with an Airstream.
Perry

Old 11-13-2017, 06:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Welcome to the forum, Perry!

If you click on the grey Portal tab at the top left, on the right edge of the new page is a section for finding an inspector in each state.

Good luck!

Peter

PS -- whoops? -- I just tried this, and what opened up was a list of members here located in Texas. Not sure these folks are volunteer inspectors, but their city is listed so you could PM [private message] them to check. I seem to recall that this page used to be titled differently.

Janet's Checklist suggestions are linked in blue on the same right edge of the Portal page. She talks about filtering the members' list to see who is available to inspect.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ist-43294.html

Old 11-14-2017, 12:30 AM   #3

Currently Looking...
Poway , California
Thanks, I tried the user list again. Last time I stuck in Hillsboro, Tx and it came up with +70 names including the guy from whom I'm buying the trailer. So, I thought "wow, a lot of volunteer inspectors in Hillsboro". So, I sent a note out to some random guy and I got no response. Course, stupid me, I didn't understand that I also needed to check the "Trailer Inspector" button as well before I searched. So, I tried it again and narrowed it down to (4) volunteer inspectors located in Hillsboro, Tx. I sent a note to each of them, and hopefully, one of them will respond. I'm flying out on 30 November from San Diego, CA to inspect the trailer, but I was hoping for a more "expert" inspection since I know nothing of Airstreams.

Thanks. Perry
Old 11-14-2017, 01:25 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks for the update. You might want to try Dallas, Fort Worth and Waco also, to broaden the search a bit, since you need some lead time to find someone whose schedule permits doing an inspection on a specific day.

What model and year of mfg. is the trailer, as there are sub-forums here for specific types of Airstreams? You might benefit from reading posts about similar trailers.

Good luck,

Peter

PS -- New thread FYI with OP in Texas, also looking for an inspector but in Illinois:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f348...ed-175005.html
Old 11-14-2017, 10:15 PM   #5
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
NTAC is at Hillsboro. 70-owners there for all I know.
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote