Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Kingston , Ontario CANADA
Send a message via Yahoo to vette59jdwl
moi

Just an old fart and his wife that be BARB OR BABES to most we are both 63 years young and are looking to purchase either a 24 foot argosy or 24 foot airstream side bath with two single beds in the rear we wish to also pull a car hauler/trailer and yes a 59 vette for fetching groceries and going to car shows in the south. Moi, Retired firfighter wife retired loans officer V&G. What else can i say we like to fish go to car shows were thinking of the GMC front wheel drive thing, I've given up on that idea .Live in Ontario CANADA
vette59jdwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I own a 24ft Argosy; however, I don't recall them coming with a side bath and rear bedroom. I know that some Airstreams came with that layout, but I believe you would need to get into the longer ones to get that. The main drawback we find in our Argosy is the sleeping arrangement. Sooooo we bought a 31ft Airstream that has the big rear bedroom. This is so much better than crawiing over someone to get to the bathroom at night or having to squeeze by the double bed pulled out into the isle in the back. You can get two twins in the mid-bedroom 24ft, but the bath is still in the rear of the trailers. If you're pulling a car hauler, ours weighs more than our vintage Argosy, you better have a really big tow vehicle. Something in a diesel might do it, but that's a lot of weight and a lot of length to be pulling around. Good luck in your search.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello from Peterborough, Ont... Welcome to the forum... Would you be looking for an Argosy motorhome?? And using the corvette as a toad??
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette59jdwl
Just an old fart and his wife that be BARB OR BABES to most we are both 63 years young. we wish to also pull a car hauler/trailer and yes a 59 vette for fetching groceries and going to car shows in the south.
Okay kid. You're quite a bit younger than I. You can't claim the old fart title just yet.

I just sold my 74 Vette last summer, and yes, I did tow it behind my 345 motorhome. I can only tell you that many people needed a chiroprator to work on their necks when I drove through their town with it in tow. Go for IT!!!!

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
IIRC, Argosy28 was the smallest with the side bath, and you would want to find it with the 454 (7.4L). Most of them were 454's. Does your Corvette have a manual transmission, or automatic?
Old 12-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #6
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
If you mean mine, it was a four speed.

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhawk
If you mean mine, it was a four speed.
Yes, I was trying to not post repeatedly in the same thread, and the subjects look a bit confusing, being to two different people
Old 12-03-2007, 02:55 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
Welcome fellow Canadian - I'm from Ottawa.

You've come to the right place for information. This forum is a goldmine of a site, with members always willing to share experiences and give advice.

Good luck!
Mackhopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1973 21' Globetrotter
1975 26' Argosy 26
Vista , California
welcome!

Argosy 24 M.H. with rear twins,side bath,were built in 74. I have one,I got for parts. I dont have the heart to take anything off her.I guess I will restore her when I finish the 26'er

Good luck on your new adventure!

Doug
bibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Kingston , Ontario CANADA
Send a message via Yahoo to vette59jdwl
24 or 26 footer side bath rear twins

Well fellow rodders I have found one. no two a 26 footer1975 in OHIO and a 24 footer 1977 in Michigan both 455 automatics. both with trailer hitches. I do wish to trailer our 59 tourquise 59 302 4 gear on a trailer. I do have a car dolly but thats for other thigs I also have a 1980 short box FORD stepside with a 350 and 700 R4.The wife has a pimpmobile that i built and that is a 1981 Caddy fleetwood Brougham with 3 inch whitewalls and a conie kit with matching buick riviera spoked wheels. Last year we toured FLORIDA 100 miles north and south of hwy 70 went to many street rod shows especially oldtown and wish to do it again this time in an argosy 24 or 26. Has anyone out here replaced their 454 with a 366 two barrel and a blower. I do have two 454's but the 366 will give lots better fuel millage especialy with the blower just asking Wayner
vette59jdwl is offline   Reply With Quote