Old 06-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1971 31' Sovereign
Lake Minnetonka , Minnesota
MN Airstream Rookie

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Just recently picked up my first Airstream, found a 1971 31' Sovereign thats in need of some TLC. It has some issues that everyone seems to have, needs new axles, and a little rear separation that i'll eventually get to. For now I'm working on the basics to make it livable when i take it down to georgia to live in it for a couple years. Bathroom is puke yellow and i've already started to paint it white with krylon fusion. Twin beds i'll leave alone for now because they are in good shape. Cabinets in kitchen are original brown veneer and all in good shape except the counter top which I'm getting to this week. I will do a laminate countertop in a tan/ brown and use the original sink, oven, fridge, and range. Front living space had the original couch removed and a hide a bed in place, so i pulled it out and will built a dinette or the original futon style couch. Walls up front i've started to paint khaki with krylon fusion and the floor from front to the kitchen will be a dark wood laminate, then carpet from the kitchen to the bathroom door, then bathroom will be white laminate. AC seems to work, but i'm having an issue with the trailer tripping my breaker so i will need to troubleshoot that this evening. Windows seem to be in working order and i've ordered all new gaskets. New water pump is going in tonight and all my plumbing seems to be just fine for now. I'll have to update my progress in a a build thread once i have more pictures and progress other than paint and floor. Input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

bakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member
1980 31' International
Cincinnati , Ohio
Welcome to the Forum, Bakes! We would love to see your new addition and the progress you make. We just finished our axles/wheels for our 1980 International 31' and it has made a monumental difference. We also painted our bath with Krylon Fusion and again, the difference is incredible.
Best of luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
Rhino33 is offline   Reply With Quote