Old 07-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
Sure hate to see you pull out what looks to be a very well preserved trailer. I'd do alot of research on what is involved with moving the bathroom before you decide.

Wish mine looked that good. We've got along way to go though.....

ASwifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Really nice trailer. Our Trade Wind HAD the same wood. The PO restained it all a light oak. They did a decent job but I would have preferred the original. As for your 'gray tank...there ain't one unless someone put one in. Gray tanks in AS didn't happen until 73 for some and 74 for all. Axles will be bad if they are original. Mine 'looked' ok but were 'frozen' in place. If you have someone that's kinda handy with tools and some muscles it isn't a difficult switch to new ones. I did it with lotso arthritis and new hips. I took my time but what a difference the new axles are...just like mine (hips).

Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
1973 31' Sovereign
chapin , South Carolina
Wow, your Tradewind looks great, I hate to hear that you would like to make major changes to it......its not hard to find one that someone else started on but are unable to finish. If you need more room I have a 31' Sov. we could make a trade as 65 is my birth year...welcome to the forums and see ya down the road.
watching the stars through the vista view windows= priceless

AIR# 41283
oleschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
Rivet Master
1973 23' Safari
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
The colors and finish in the bathroom are 10/10
Airstreams..... The best towing trailers on the planet!
Road Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #19
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Originally Posted by P&A View Post
On the more radical side, we're also thinking about ditching the shower, oven, and furnace, but these things might happen down the line depending on how we end up using her.....
That's where you lost me. Why mess with something that has stood the test of time and come through it with flying colours, before you have even taken it out once to camp in it? Obviously, it's yours to do with it as you please, of course, so take this for what it's worth.

Your ideas would make more sense if you had bought one in average to poor shape, but this one looks mint.

Take your time and live with it for a while before you make a decision that you could later regret. After all, what's the rush? It's camping time, not reno time!

If it's to be, it's up to me.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote