Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Lake Havasu City , Arizona
Making the switch

Hi, all! I'm an Airstream owner-to-be--I have a 2017 International Serenity 27FB (in Salsa) on order, as well as an F-150 pickup. I'll be moving from my class C motorhome later this spring. I'm really looking forward to the Airstream's bright, modern interior.

I've been RVing since 2001, and have been on the road full-time since 2005--starting in a small 1985-vintage class C motorhome, and since 2006 in a 2003 class C. At first I mainly stayed in state parks, but in recent years I've spent most of my time boondocking in the southwestern US, very rarely plugging in.

Over the years I've done a lot of upgrading and customizing to my motorhomes, but as the Airstream is so well equipped, I expect I won't need to do as much on this new rig. I do, however, plan to add a much more robust electrical system--as many solar panels as I can fit on the roof, lithium batteries, and charger/inverter/etc. to match.

Although I'm a fairly experienced motorhome RVer, I've never owned a travel trailer before, so I know I have a lot to learn. I'm looking forward to learning it from the helpful folks here.

Andy
Paprika is offline   Reply With Quote