Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
New Member
 
1968 30' Sovereign
long beach , California
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
lost in long beach

Hi everyone
I m new to all of this and just bought a 68/69/international/ambassador/sovering or something. The title is not an original so it is of no help. it measures 30' 10" from ball to bumper but also has vista view windows all seems to be original, I need some help to determin what I have so I know what parts to start looking for. Thanks for any and all help in advance.
__________________

__________________
newmeguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
Moderator
Commercial Member
 
eubank's Avatar
 
1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,423
Greetings, newmeguy1, and welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find lots and lots of information here about your sovereign -- especially once you've got its year nailed down. The easiest route would be for you to provide the VIN number of the rig.

Lynn
__________________

__________________
WBCCI 21043
eubank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
moderator
Commercial Member
 
Airslide's Avatar

 
2014 23' FB International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,705
Images: 50
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
And pictures.. we love pictures..

Vinnie
__________________
"Old fashioned service on your late model Airstream"

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmeguy1 View Post
Hi everyone
I m new to all of this and just bought a 68/69/international/ambassador/sovering or something. The title is not an original so it is of no help. it measures 30' 10" from ball to bumper but also has vista view windows all seems to be original, I need some help to determin what I have so I know what parts to start looking for. Thanks for any and all help in advance.
If it's a 68, it has one front window.

If it's a 69 it has 3 front windows.

Post the serial number, if you can.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
RGates
 
Randy Gates's Avatar
 
1968 20' Globetrotter
Thousand Oaks , California
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 124
Hi NewGuy,
Use this site to get all you need for yopur VIN info. Also, I live in Thousand Oaks and have been restoring my 1968 Globetrotter. Need anything do not hesitate to email or call. Good Luck!
Randy Gates
Airstream, Inc :: 60s
__________________
Randy Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
New Member
 
1968 30' Sovereign
long beach , California
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
Thumbs up still lost in L.B.

Thanks to all that have responded. I m not sure about the year or model only because of the different info that I have been receving. Is there a way to get a positive I.D. without the vin # I have seen different typs of measurments to take but I m not sure of where to take them from. IE ball to bumper or just body, inside from center of roof to floor, inside wall to wall or where. Once again thanks for all your input so far. I will post the vin # that I have, and some pics later on today.
__________________
newmeguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
Rivet Master
 
wkerfoot's Avatar
 
1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,667
Take a look at the pictures on this site: Vintage Airstream Photo Archives

You should be able to determine what you have from the pictures.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmeguy1 View Post
Thanks to all that have responded. I m not sure about the year or model only because of the different info that I have been receving. Is there a way to get a positive I.D. without the vin # I have seen different typs of measurments to take but I m not sure of where to take them from. IE ball to bumper or just body, inside from center of roof to floor, inside wall to wall or where. Once again thanks for all your input so far. I will post the vin # that I have, and some pics later on today.
__________________
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #8
New Member
 
1968 30' Sovereign
long beach , California
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
If it's a 68, it has one front window.

If it's a 69 it has 3 front windows.

Post the serial number, if you can.

Andy
thanks for your intrest the only vin # I have is IDTLO17903AA also there title is a # 04W864584 it seems that the original title was lost and when it was redone these where the numbers that where giving it. This registration is from Colorado. Let me know what you think.
__________________

__________________
newmeguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The long road ahead..... prob All Argosy Trailers 10 11-26-2011 08:32 AM
OR Unit Rally - South Beach, Newport OR June 17-19, 2011 monah WBCCI Rallies & Events 7 06-15-2011 02:40 PM
"The Long, Long Trailer" GeocamperAS Hitches, Couplers & Balls 14 05-10-2011 08:02 PM
McGrath State Beach in California to Close OB Bambi Airstream "In the News" 0 04-15-2011 08:55 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.