Old 01-31-2009, 02:20 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Santa Monica , California
Looking for info on airstream interstate

I have got this crazy idea to sell my car and buy a 2009 Airstream Interstate. I want something I can drive in the city as well as travel the states and Mexico. I do have a place to hang my hat,so I would not be living in it except when I was traveling. It's just me and a very cute dachshund, so I think there will be enough room for a comfortable trip. So many questions!! Any one with info on these or other class 'B' coaches would be invaluable.

Happy trails,

Lily

Old 01-31-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 24' Tradewind
Highland , Illinois
Hi Lily,

Welcome to the forums!

Your best bet is to seek out a dealer in your area or go to one of the many RV shows coming up.

There are 2 models of Interstates. The new ones are built on a 1 ton chassis while the earlier ones were built on a 3/4 ton chassis.

Good luck!

Air #4056

"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
Halimer

2006 25' Classic
New Hyde Park , New York
My wife are I have been looking at the AS Interstate and the Great Western Sprinter Legend (Great West Vans - Sprinter Legend Class B Motor Home Specifications) when we will eventually transition to a class B. The 2009 AS Interstate is build on a 1 ton (dual rear wheel) chassis. The GW Sprinter Legend is on a 3/4 ton chassis, but has a better bathroom and layout. It's electric trifold bed is a great option. The bed can be slid forward about 3 feet allowing your to carry more cargo in the rear.
We don't the extra seats and prefer more cabinets. Just something else to look at.

Mark
Old 01-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1968 17' Caravel
Lakewood , New Jersey
Mark,

Did you see the new 2009 Interstate 3500 Twin floorplan yet?

Colonial Airstream - Airstream New Jersey, Touring Coach, Class B, Interstate Motorhome

I will have one in next week if you want to check my website for the photos.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #5

Currently Looking...
Santa Monica , California
Hi Cosmotini,

Love the name. I came up with the Beanitini when I worked for the Delta Queen Steamboat company. Pickled green bean juice and vodka with a green bean garnish. I live in So.Cal. and the nearest dealer in San Diego is not selling Airstreams anymore. I will be calling Airstream on Monday to find the nearest dealer. I have a feeling it will not be on the west coast. I will research RV expos in Ca. Good idea!!
Happy trails,

Lily
Old 02-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #6
Community Organizer

2005 22' Safari
South Chicago , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by casamimosa@m View Post
Hi Cosmotini,

Love the name. I came up with the Beanitini when I worked for the Delta Queen Steamboat company. Pickled green bean juice and vodka with a green bean garnish. I live in So.Cal. and the nearest dealer in San Diego is not selling Airstreams anymore. I will be calling Airstream on Monday to find the nearest dealer. I have a feeling it will not be on the west coast. I will research RV expos in Ca. Good idea!!
Happy trails,

Lily
There is a brand new Airstream dealer in your area, but I forget the name. A call to Airstream tomorrow should get the name and number for you.

"We have just religion enough to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Jonathan Swift
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi there,

We have had a 2006, 22' Airstream Interstate for nearly two years. We love it, and find it very easy for 2 adults to live in for 8-10 weeks at a time. We can go anywhere we want, park anywhere we like and fit into those all-that-are-left sites, if needed. Our rear-sleeper goes down manually, but it takes only a couple of minutes and is very comfortable for sleeping. We have become masters of small-space living, but have everything we need and wouldn't trade for a bigger one. If it is just you and a pooch, you should be very comfortable.

I have heard mixed information about the 2009, with regard to layout, you might want to look at an earlier model as well.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:44 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Check out Toscano in Los Banos

Quote:
Originally Posted by casamimosa@m View Post
Hi Cosmotini,

Happy trails,

Lily
They have one on their website: Airstream 2009 INTERSTATE 22
Toscano RV
Los Banos, CA
877-485-0190
Email Us

WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote