Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2006, 05:19 AM   #1
Grandma - still learning

2000 27' Safari
Austin , Texas
Looking & lurking no more.

Hi Fellow Forum Friends - I've been looking and lurking around Forums for some time but never "came out" until now. My husband Fred and I have enjoyed retirement for the last 8 yrs, and Airstreaming has been a large part of that time. We have visited most of the Nat'l parks in the US plus traveled both sides of Canada and some in the middle. Some people may have their great little vacation houses on the beach or in the mountains but we can have it all - whenever we choose!! And the nice people we have met through WBCCI functions have become like family to us. My husband would be a full-timer but I like our little home (and grandkids) to come home to. By the way, my forums moniker looks like it has something to do with "a fog over lower California" but it really is a compilation of our 4 grandkids' names.

Right now we are working with "Pahaska" preparing for the Austin,TX Winter Vintage Rally to start Feb 2. It is going to be a blast at McKinney Falls State Park. We have 40+ rigs registered so far. 15 of those are vintages. There might be a spot for you. Contact us! Judy
bajamist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:18 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
Welcome! We share some of the same interests: watercolors, nursing, grandkid(s).

Eljay

1968 Tradewind Double.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:10 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello Judy

Welcome here... This is from a retired Reg. N. also.. from Canada and snowbirding in Fla for the winter.. retired one day and left the next for here.. miss all my co-workers but will be returning as casual for the summer months... than south again.. the best of all worlds... and also a new nana to boot... I miss our home also.. but not the snow. Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:18 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome , a retired hospital chaplain here. We considered the rally in Austin it sure sounded like our kind of fun. Vintage rallies are always the best. However, our Chummy needs a new heater switch and I am having a devil of a time getting one. There is no way we could travel the cold North without heat and defrosters. Maybe next year.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
I retired on March 3 of 2000 and have never regreted it a bit. We left on March 5 for the south and had a ball. My Wife tells me that it took 3 years for me to get over being the BOSS though. I of course don't agree with that. I have always been the boss, but not at all bossy. Just her imagination.

Now if I could get her to retire.

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Welcome to the forum. I am a "not" retired Registered Nurse. Would love to go to McKinney rally, but really don't have the time. Someday! Sounds like you are having fun. All of us at work envy you.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #7
Grandma - still learning

2000 27' Safari
Austin , Texas
Thank you to all of you (retired) medical people, especially Chaplain Kent. You might like this one. I once worked in the emergency dept of a large Catholic Hospital in Louisiana. The hospital chaplain used to hang around helping push gurneys and change beds, etc. A doctor called and ordered us to prepare a room as he was sending in a man with a potentially lethal heart rhythm who he wanted to "cardiovert" (give an electric shock to return the rhythm to normal). As we scurried about, "Father X" remained in the room standing quietly in the corner. We were able to successfully return the patient's heartbeat to normal. A nurse opened the door to call in his anxious wife and said "Come in, we have just converted him." The wife came rushing into the room, saw the priest and said " You have done wonders! I can't even get him to go to church!" Just one of the many funny stories to come out of the medical field.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:02 AM   #8
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Welcome to the forums bajamist. Why have you been so quiet for so long. I don't post a great deal either though I log on at least every day. I just figured out who you are. There could only be one Fred and Judy that would be working with John on putting this rally together. It is a small world.

Ella and I plan to come down early on Wednesday. In fact, we've already hitched up the trailer. Its sitting in the driveway as we speak. I would bet that you and Fred will be going with John, Kay and us for dinnner Wednesday night. See you then.

This is becoming the largest rally we've yet attended given that we've never
went to a Regional or National event.

GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:15 AM   #9
Grandma - still learning

2000 27' Safari
Austin , Texas
Hey, if we do our job right - this may turn into a national event! Only kidding of course.

Judy
Old 01-27-2006, 07:28 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

I'm a frequent lurker also. I'm not retired yet and do envy the time you retirees have to go airstreaming. The "conversion" story is funny esp. since I am an emergency room doctor. cheers.
goldwing70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:19 AM   #11
Grandma - still learning

2000 27' Safari
Austin , Texas
Looks like we have started a thread of medical Airstreamers, a pretty good combination.