Old 05-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #29
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Search engines useful for finding Airstreams

SearchTempest - The EASY way to search Craigslist

puts Craigslist and ebaY together, and gives results within a radius of area that you define from your ZIP code

rvs : craigslist eBay kijiji mash : US & Canada

"jaXed MASH" also adds the notion of price, plus searches Kijiji (ebay Classified in the USA)

Old 05-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2015 31' Classic
Upstate , New York
Hi kidsgone,
Thanks for the warm welcome and the info. Been searching the classified and have to hold myself back! I do like the idea of a warranty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsgone View Post
We weren't too sure about our panoramic windows until we camped in the mountains and opened both pano windows and the view was breathtaking!
Good point--Nothing compares to having the amazing view right outside your window(s)!

Quote:
We did find that my husband was very allergic to new RVs that had formaldehyde smell...made him very sick.
Uh oh. I have allergies and hadn't thought about the off-gassing.

Quote:
Many people told us that when we saw the right one, we should buy it..and we did.
Sounds right to me. I think I'll know it when I see it.

Quote:
and so many people will argue with you that AS's are no longer made...one guy said they stopped making them in the '60's and ours must be a knockoff!!
That's hysterical. Made my day. An Airstream knockoff!!
I am surprised and happy to say that I'm enjoying the research, the forum, the articles, oh, and I got some Airstream Life Mags to drool over! Big fun here.
Thanks again and hope I do see y'all on the road.
Kathy

Old 05-20-2011, 01:47 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2015 31' Classic
Upstate , New York
Dear zigzagguzzi,
Nice to hear there are other Vespariders in the A/S world. I do love my scooter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
We have 2 Vespa 150s we vwould like to take along. However our Chevy 1500 half ton only has a 1400 pound cargo capacity, The bikes and two adults add up to about 800 pounds including gear, Add the tonge weight from the hitch and lawn chairs, maybe a cooler, generater etc, and we are way over the cargo capacity. We can tow up to 8000 pounds with our setup but the cargo weight is a loser., You can also get over your gcwr. Buy a 3 quarter ton or larger if a scooter is involved. jim
Uh oh. that's a big problem--and from the lists of stuff I'm thinking we'll bring, I wouldn't have room for the scooter anyway. I'm thinking about TV now and maybe I'll save the scooter riding for closer to home...or knuckle under and get a 3/4. The good part is I could then tow a 27 instead of a 23 or 25! oh I got it bad!!
Thanks for the heads up,
Kathy
Old 05-20-2011, 02:01 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2015 31' Classic
Upstate , New York
Hi Aage,
Good fun w/ the search engine and better results w/the mash. Oh I'm droolin over the aluminum. Better hide the credit card!
Thanks!

Tags
2010, 2011, new flying cloud, texas