Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Merced , California
Lieutenant

Hello! I am totally lost. Have no idea what I am doing or how to get a reply so I am just trying. I inherited an Airstream trailer today and find out I am totally challenged as to Airstreams. I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to determine the year of the trailer I have. I have no paperwork and the only numbers I can find are the large red club numbers (1185) and numbers on the plate near the door that says it is an Overland 1267S651 2027. It also has the word International on the side and is about 24 foot long. Thanks!
Lieutenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Welcome! The numbers on the plate should tell it all, to someone that can interpret. Sorry, I can't help you there but someone will soon. This time of day, the activity starts dropping - may have to wait until tomorrow for an answer. Good luck.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant
Hello! I am totally lost. Have no idea what I am doing or how to get a reply so I am just trying. I inherited an Airstream trailer today and find out I am totally challenged as to Airstreams. I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to determine the year of the trailer I have. I have no paperwork and the only numbers I can find are the large red club numbers (1185) and numbers on the plate near the door that says it is an Overland 1267S651 2027. It also has the word International on the side and is about 24 foot long. Thanks!
Does it look like one of these: 77Overlander

If so, it is a 1977, 27 foot, Overlander could the "S" be a "B"? If so it would be a center bath with a double bed.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:39 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Merced , California
Bill, thanks for the comeback. Hope to figure this system out soon. No, it definetly is an S and I would guess it to be around 24 foot.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:40 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Merced , California
Dave, thanks for the reply. My first time in a forum. Great.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
It looks like you have figured the posting part out just fine. It takes a while to find all of the different areas and functions of the site. I'm still learning. The site has such a wealth of info, it has been a lifesaver to me at times. And saved me $$.

Lieutenant - Military, F.D. or P.D.?
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Merced , California
P.d.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:26 AM   #8
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
The "1" at the beginning of your trailer's serial number is really an "I" for International trim package. It is a 1967 model year, built in California, and is the 651st trailer off the line that year. Your trailer is officially 26 feet long, including tongue and bumper.
I= International
26=Length in feet
7= 1967 model year
651= sequential production number. Over 500 is a double bed, under 500 is twins.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:18 AM   #9
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new to you Airstream! Sounds like you have yourself one great AS! Spend a little time exploring the forums and you will soon learn it is a very easy place to navigate. You can also spend a little time at the FAQ section to get some of the basics. You will learn than there are a great bunch of folks here that love to help each other and share either good or bad experiences. Overlander63 just decoded your serial number for you so now you have the basics. One thing you will learn very quickly here is that we love pictures. So run outside right now, take some pictures and post them while we wait ! Again, welcome to the forum!

Rick
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:40 AM   #10
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Hi and Welcome to the forums. You have definately come to the right place to learn everything there is about your Airstream! This is the best site! The people here are great and will go out of their way to help you.
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:44 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1975 28' Argosy 28
Hopkinsville , Kentucky
Welcome. A wealth of knowledge at your fingertips. Good luck.

Regards, Keith
Hawk_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #12
1 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Merced , California
Lieutenant

Thank you so very much for all who responded to my very first visit to a forum and my very first ever post. Thanks to Terry I now know what type of Airstream I have. Everyone has been so great and helpful I am sure I will learn much and hope to maybe contribute some at another time. Terry, (or anyone) you mentioned that my unit would be considered twin beds. I really only have one bed on the side that appears to be 3/4 and I guess a second bed where the table is. Is this what is considered twin beds? Thanks again.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Thank you so very much for all who responded to my very first visit to a forum and my very first ever post. Thanks to Terry I now know what type of Airstream I have. Everyone has been so great and helpful I am sure I will learn much and hope to maybe contribute some at another time. Terry, (or anyone) you mentioned that my unit would be considered twin beds. I really only have one bed on the side that appears to be 3/4 and I guess a second bed where the table is. Is this what is considered twin beds? Thanks again.
Nope, that would be a double bed. Twin beds would be one on each side of the trailer, either in the center, for a rear bath, or the rear for a center bath.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #14
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Your sequential serial number is over 500, so your trailer would have come from the factory with what I call "an RV double" bed. Bigger than a twin, smaller than a double bed like you have at home. Very cozy, if you aren't a "wide body" like some of us here.

« van | Top | new »