Old 02-12-2019, 07:42 PM   #1

2018 25' International
Blairmore , Alberta
Let the Airstream life begin

Hey everyone! We finally broke down and bought a 2018 Airstream Signature 25FB and couldn't be happier. My wife and I are going to be travelling with our daughter 11 and our Doberman. Though we've only camped twice in it, we feel something we haven't in a long time-like we're camping! We had almost everything with the last RV being a 40' toyhauler-and we couldn't have felt more removed from the "camping experience". Even though our new trailer is anything short of roughing it, we feel their is a timelessness to it and it fits us to a tee. Anyways looking forward to being a part of this. Feel free to reach out and say hi!

FoxyRivets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Great news and welcome! Great, versatile floorplan, and love the serenity interior design Happy travels!

wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #3

2018 25' International
Blairmore , Alberta
In the very short time we've owned this trailer, I've already had so many heads turn. I've even had a person come up to me in a Walmart parking lot and ask " Do they still make these anymore"? We are planning out a trip to the Redwood Forest going down through Oregon this summer so any tips on great places to stay would be appreciated.
FoxyRivets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:36 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Let the Airstream life begin

Oh that’s a sweet trip! We did that last year (Denver to Portland, then out to the coast and down the 101 to redwoods, then across the sierras to Moab and home again).

Spectacular landscape!

Harris Beach State Park is a great camping spot.

We also enjoyed the ocean front sites at Sea & Sand about 2 hours west of Portland further up the coast. Walk from the airstream onto the beach!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0617.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	333485   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0640.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	389.1 KB
ID:	333486  

Name:	IMG_0629.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	560.6 KB
ID:	333487   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0627.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	521.4 KB
ID:	333489  

Name:	IMG_0605.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	611.3 KB
ID:	333490   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0515.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	333492  

Name:	IMG_0628.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	318.7 KB
ID:	333493  
Old 02-12-2019, 11:27 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Welcome to AS! Be safe, wishing you happy travel & happy tails!
Brandon T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:15 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyRivets View Post
In the very short time we've owned this trailer, I've already had so many heads turn. I've even had a person come up to me in a Walmart parking lot and ask " Do they still make these anymore"? We are planning out a trip to the Redwood Forest going down through Oregon this summer so any tips on great places to stay would be appreciated.
Welcome and good luck with the trip!

FYI the new search function in the blue box above works great [in the desktop version of this site], so I would encourage you to check out all the aspects of your trip. For example:

"Oregon coast" -- https://www.google.com/search?q=Oreg...com&gws_rd=ssl

We had a 25' many years ago, and agree that it is a great size.

Happy trails,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:30 AM   #7
rbs
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Decatur , Illinois
wulfraat, what time of year did you do this trip?
thanks
rbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:45 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
wulfraat, what time of year did you do this trip?
thanks

End of May / first part of June.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:44 AM   #9
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
The North coast is great fun. Your 25 should not keep you away from much.

We like the California sections, but there are excellent destinations in Oregon as well. Don't miss the Columbia river. It is a beautiful drive.

The parks around Portland get busy around the weekends, so best schedule is to hit them mid-week. Reservations may be advised. We did OK without them, but we are not picky and prefer quiet to sand and crowds.

Try Cannon Beach RV Resort. It's a true family RV Park. We were quite surprised by the ambiance of happy families, big Mohos, travel trailers, vintage coaches and even an AS or two.

Try At River's Edge RV Resort in Brookings. It's not a resort, but an interesting location on the river. A change from the beach, but nice pads and facilities.

Do not miss the Avenue of the Giants. You can tow it, but staying at a local park and touring the Avenue without the coach is the best adventure. A lunch among the trees and ferns is worth the time investment.

There is a tight section at the top of Highway 1, but if you just drive it conservatively, it's actually a very refreshing experience. When you pop out on the coast, it's worth a stop and a picture. One of those bucket list items that we discuss for years. Caution - many sections of Highway 1 are narrow. There is room for all, but no wide shoulders due to the eroding sections. Bring your Airstreamer shorts and go for it.

About halfway down, there is a KOA campground. We have not stopped there, but it looks interesting, is about the right distance for an interim stop, and has a vintage feel with the shaded sites. Other options are available in Fort Brag and the Skunk Train is a draw for folks who want the scenic views with someone else doing the driving.

Good Luck with your trip plan. Lot's of smiles to collect along the way. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:40 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
Conifer , Colorado
Welcome from Colorado and congratulations on your new Serenity 25'. It is a very nice sized Airstream. Maybe the most popular. I think you will find your Airstream very well built. It will last a long time.

We've been Airstream travelers since 2005. Ours are "vintage" Airstreams, kinda old and lots of scars from great travel adventures. We've been to the Maine coast, the Oregon coast, and the Texas Gulf coast. I'm more of a mountain man that a sailer. I find ocean beaches pretty flat, pretty windy and about the same view everywhere I look. Now the Redwoods are spectacular. We're gonna go back there someday.

Ours is a 1986 Limited 34' that has been in the family since new. Here we are in Tucson under a lemon tree. I was worried all night that a lemon would fall and I would have more "patina" on our trailer.

David
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1804 Tucson Lemons (Small).JPG
Views:	21
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	333633  

WBCCI #8607
VAC Region 11

Link to my 1975 Overlander Improvement Journal:
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f17...ml#post2053792
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote