Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2006, 12:52 PM   #1
xxl

1991 36' Land Yacht
shawnee , Kansas
Question Just joined up

Hello, I have owned a 1991 36 LandYacht M/H for 2 years now and am considering making some upgrades over the winter, such as removing the old carpet and replacing it with tile or vinyl in the kitchen area and new carpet everywhere else. I have many questions.
1. I suppose there is a plywood sub floor which is attached to an aluminun frame? Does this need to be inspected before doing any work?
2. I would guess it would be best to put carpet around the tricky areas of the door steps.
Thanks
xxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Mansfield , Texas
WelcomeAs with anything 15 years old it is always a good idea to check for floor rot. After you remove the carpet, check for squissey spots and any water damaged areas. Use the search at the to and type in flooring.
bill benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Welcome

XXL, Welcome to the forums and please use the search function on the blue tool bar with any appropriate key words to find the info you seek. We all will try to help in any way we can but there is already a wealth of information in the threads contained on this site. You would be well advised to check any plywood flooring for rot from moisture. It could be from leaking water piping or from leaks around windows and door. Don't forget that carpet installed in the MH is for creature comfort as vinyl and tiles can be very cold under foot. Don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you need, to get through with your upgrades. Oh yeah, Post pictures whenever possible to help others to visualize your problems or questions. Happy trails! Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote

« New Member | Top | Missy »