Old 09-13-2008, 08:14 AM   #29
Rivet Master
1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Reganzo View Post
Hello, I just joined this forum, my handle is Reganzo. My wife 8 years ago had an hemmoraghic stroke, as a result of a rare blood disease called TTP. I quit my job to take care of her, after she was in hospitals, rehabilitation centers for 7 months.
Hi Reganzo and welcome to the Forums.
After backing out many a times from replying to your post for the fear of bringing back the undesirable parts of my memories in similar situation. I feel obligated to honor you as a man with high moral standards and a big heart. Such values are not very common this days and my heart rejoices when I learn that they still exist.
I only hope that what you are doing will bring you as much joy and fulfillment as it brings for your wife. I can assure you that in the end you will be glad for what you are doing. Your kindness deserves a huge reward. Thanks, "Boatdoc"

boatdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member
1972 27' Overlander
Graham , North Carolina
I hope ya'll are still doing well. There are always trials for us to deal with and it sounds like you have taken good steps for your family
take care and good luck

"AIR 17559"

wear it out, don't rust it out

jpeterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Yes, congrats on your resiliance and the new life. Your experience is similar to ours. I was recovering from 3 major surgeries in a years time when Lynn suffered her stroke. We bought our Trade Wind during our long recoveries even though neither of us could drive. But that Airstream in front of our garage kept us going with projects that the both of us were capable of accomplishing though slowly. We decided to change our Forum user name to reflect just that. First choice was Alumatherapy but decided on a name more 'positive' like FreshAir.
The best of you. We hope you are progressing well.
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member
2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue View Post
Please let me add my welcome and congratulations on moving on.

If you are able to manipulate your own schedule, there is a Forums Rally (The 2009 Can Opener) in the pan-handle (Destin area) of Florida January 9-11th.

Here is the Forum thread with more reading than most "mere mortals" can attempt:

The Can Opener was started as the first Rally of the year on the first full weekend, but because the holiday is so close to the first weekend, many voted to move it out one week. There is another Rally started for that park during the year-end weekend also, but we cannot make it then. Here is the link for that thread:

I suggest that you look at the Rally Calendar ( to see what other Rallys are coming up and compare them to where you will be (or can be). Rallys are lots of fun, very educational, and each Rally-attender can be as involved or not as desired.

Have fun and keep enjoying life.

We looked at the rally calender, and we found the Falluminium in your neck of the woods. I made our reservation today and we are in E-2. Being newbies to Streaming we are looking forward to meeting other more "Seasoned" Streamers... Thanks for your kind words, we look forward to seeing you on the road.

Reganzo & Franny
Reganzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
KOA is adequate

But you'll probably like the Holiday Trav-l Park better. It's almost across the street from the KOA on General Booth Blvd. They do have what they call "supersites" - a bit pricy, but extra large concrete pads which might be better for your wife's mobility.

Both are very (repeat VERY) close to Naval Air Station Oceana - which can get quite noisy if the pilots are doing carrier qualifications. The planes kick in the afterburners about 100 feet off the ground and it will rattle a kidney stone loose! But it's very convenient to the beach and the resort area. Normally the planes don't fly late at night, but they are a good alarm clock in the morning.

There is a nice state park right on the Chesapeake Bay too. Everything there is sand though - loose sand, so that might be a problem. If you're coming down the eastern shore I'd recommend the Virginia State Park on the north side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge - great for an overnighter. I've also heard good things about the Airstream only park in New Jersey. Remember when Airstreaming the JOURNEY is the destination.

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #34
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Glad to hear things are coming together for you. We are pretty sure we'll be at the Falluminum so look forward to meeting you there.

2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote