Old 07-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #1

1988 29' Excella
Yulee , Florida
Jimmy's Dream

Hi. My name is Sindy. I have a very special Airstream. I have very fond memories with the man who left it to me. My husband and I met Jimmy about 5 years ago. We were staying at a campground living there year round like Jimmy. At first we just did little odd and end things for him. My husband would blow the leaves from his path. I would make him breakfast,clean or do his laundry. As time went on we were all behaving as though we were family.

My husband and I were not married when we met Jimmy, but the man was tough about right and wrong and told us he would not socialize with us any more if we did not seperate or get married. He drove his 1999 cadillac to our wedding on the beach. He used to frequent that beach to pull dimwits off the sand after they got hung up. He had a wentch with a remote control and it mused him to do this for the desperate and thankful tourists.

Jimmy was always trying to find a way to pay me back for my love. It is absurd. He came to me in a time of my life when I needed to be needed. He had survived three lovely wives at 25 years apiece to breast cancer. Women who doted on him and spoiled him. He was used to being taken care of and I provided that for him. In return I got to see the friendship between he and God and it strengthened my heart on the matter. Gave me the love of man back. Gave me the desire to try to be a good and faithful servant.

Jimmy used to sing on the radio in the 30's. Every morning I was fixing his breakfast in that wonderful little kitchen he would serenade me with old songs he sung. By the time breakfast was ready he had managed to make his way to the bathroom to freshen up and then past me between the fridge and the sink/stove and do alittle jig to whatever ditty he was singing and then to his couch where I placed his meal on his little table.

We would read the bible until it was time for me to go to work. At least I have my memories. Jimmy wanted to be 100. He could have made it too. He prayed daily to keep his faculties about him and he did. His dream was for me to have his Airstream in case something should ever befall me I would have his "HOME". That was Jimmy's dream. I wouldnt have it any other way. I can lie in his bed back there and feel him smile. Sing me a little ditty till I cry myself to sleep.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Whittier, California , Depoe Bay, Oregon
Welcome to the forums.

2003 22ft CCD Int'l
2005 GMC Yukon Denali
WBCCI #2960
bobkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

Nice story.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Welcome to the forums. What a great story. I’m sorry that you have lost such a great friend.

Vaughan
Old 07-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #5
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsleepy
My husband and I met Jimmy about 5 years ago. We were staying at a campground living there year round like Jimmy. I would make him breakfast,clean or do his laundry. As time went on we were all behaving as though we were family. My husband and I were not married when we met Jimmy, but the man was tough about right and wrong and told us he would not socialize with us any more if we did not seperate or get married.

Jimmy was always trying to find a way to pay me back for my love. He came to me in a time of my life when I needed to be needed. He was used to being taken care of and I provided that for him. Gave me the love of man back. Gave me the desire to try to be a good and faithful servant.

Every morning I was fixing his breakfast in that wonderful little kitchen he would serenade me with old songs he sung. By the time breakfast was ready he had managed to make his way to the bathroom to freshen up and then past me between the fridge and the sink/stove and do alittle jig to whatever ditty he was singing and then to his couch where I placed his meal on his little table.

I can lie in his bed back there and feel him smile. Sing me a little ditty till I cry myself to sleep.
Huh? I'm confused... who'd you marry?
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
I think that you and we (that be Brenda and Kistler) liked Jimmy a lot. Nice! Heartwarming. You are blessed.

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Sindy that was a wonderful story. I can almost see Jimmy myself from your description. How good it was for each of you to have your lives entwined. I agree you have been blessed. Welcome to the forums.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote