Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-08-2007, 04:17 AM   #1

1986 32' Excella
eden praire , Minnesota
jamesv from Minnesota

Hello from Minnesota. My sisters and brothers and I have a 1986 32 foot excella travel trailer for sale. It is in excellent shape. Everything works. Our dad past away in October. He brought it used a few years ago...but only drove it once. It have been kept indoor storage during this time. Dont know what to ask for it. Doing my research now. Have a great spring and summer...we still looking for spring here.
jamesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:24 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
James,

You'll want to post it in the classified ads section on here, with lots of pictures

If I were closer to you, I'd come take a look. It's only 28 degrees out here too. But that's probably like summer to you guys

Happy Easter.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:59 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hello jamesv and welcome to the Forums! Take a look at http://vintageairstream.com/rr_topic...condition.html for a guess on pricing. I also would refer you to the classifieds section here -- browse past ads in your category to get another idea of asking prices. You'll get a lot more views in the classifieds than in a thread like this -- people don't necessarily look in forums threads for sale items.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Sorry that your Dad didn't get to use his Airstream more. You can post it for sale in the Classifed Section of these Forums. As stated above, you should post a LOT of pictures. You will need to take these pictures with a digital camera at the lowest pixel setting. This they will post without you having to go back and reduce the file size.

As far as pricing goes, go on Ebay under AIRSTREAM to get an idea what the going prices are. Remember that a vintage Airstream's value is based more on its condition than on its model year.

Maybe a Forums member in your area will see this posting and be willing to come by and take a look at your Airstream. This person can assist you in testing your Airstream's systems (electric, water, sewage, ac/heat, appliances, etc.). You must have this information for potential buyers unless you are willing to let it go for a give-away price.

Good luck.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
I don't live too far away but will be unavailable until the 18th. Let me know if you have time on your hands to do it after that. It sure sounds like your storage conditions would give you a better than average value.

I'm not sure you'll find the 'real world' on eBay. We see prices there zoom unrealistically in the last hours or stay way too low. eBay is a rogues gallery of jewels hidden amidst the garbage. If your unit The Price vs. Condition website is updated regularly. Browse the classifieds here or at The Vintage Airstream Club and judge pricing and effective sales format for yourself. Unless you follow closely it may be difficult to judge asked vs. actual sales price, whether here or at VAC or at eBay.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Harbors , Minnesota
Hi James...my wife and I live part time in EP...and would like details/pics...I sent you a Private Message...Thanks...Tom R in (currently) Two Harbors
TomR is offline   Reply With Quote