Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Arlington , Texas
A P.s.

OOPS...almost forgot. That's NOT my cat in the photo. These photos were actually from the previous owner. As time goes by and we make visible improvements I'll post more. All we did today is deep cleaning and I replaced all the cam locks on every storage door to make sure they matched and they were in good working order. I sure don't want to lose that rear door panel, now, do I?
sierrajb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:02 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Congrats

I've got a new one, but the vintage bug has been biting me lately. I think you've got a pretty nice unit. Not sure the beauty marks will come out completely, but they surely can be improved. I think you'll be very happy.

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

El Paso , Texas
Send a message via AIM to aztlanco
sierrajb;
What an awsome find! It looks like it's in good shape and well cared for.
Congratulations and enjoy.
Ernie
'58 Traveler, 18ft.
aztlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #24
Flyfishing, Guitars

1959 24' Tradewind
Breckenridge , Texas
Congratulations to a Southern neighbor

Neat to see all this excitement and nice you feel the same way.

These Airstreams do get in your blood.

So, did you find this one in Texas? There is something to be said for trailers that have been in this dry climate most or all of their lives.

Good luck and good trailering.

Steve
59TW0132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Arlington , Texas
Born in the North, Raised in the South!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59TW0132
Neat to see all this excitement and nice you feel the same way.

These Airstreams do get in your blood.

So, did you find this one in Texas? There is something to be said for trailers that have been in this dry climate most or all of their lives.

Good luck and good trailering.

Steve
Steve,
Hi, my southern brother! I know right where Breckinridge is...my wife left her purse in a restaurant there once, and we had to go all the way back to get it. You never forget places when such memorable things happen.

As far as I can tell, I'm the fourth owner. The original owner bought it at Ace Fogdall (spelling?) in Ohio (?), and lived in Florida for a few years. He soon sold it to a man in Alvord, Texas (1 hour north of Fort Worth). He kept it for almost 20 years, then sold it to the third owner....his neighbor. Three days ago I bought it from the third owner. So, in short, the trailer's been in Texas for the past 30+ years. As we say here in Texas (especially lately!), "it's been dry as a bone."

The only signs of water damage are from a broken water line that was detected very early, and around one side window on the middle sofa's woodwork.

To be honest, I stumbled into the world of Airstreams in August after returning from a camping trip in our family popup. I was very TIRED of all the work and precious camping time it took to get set up. I watched SIX trailers pull in and set up in the time it took me to finish setting up my popup. On the way home I hit the internet...looking for something with solid sides you didn't have to prop up, blow up, or tie up. I noticed these interesting, intriguing things call Airstreams. Hmmmm. At first I thought, "how ugly...yet oddly attractive." Began reading, found this site and others, and the rest is history. I'm a junkie with no needle marks. There's definitely Airstream DNA in my system now. Can I get a witness, brutha's & sista's in the North, South, East, & West?
sierrajb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #26
SqurlGurl

1977 31' Excella 500
Bozman , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrajb
... I replaced all the cam locks on every storage door to make sure they matched and they were in good working order. I sure don't want to lose that rear door panel, now, do I?
What brand/size cam locks did you use? I need to replace all of mine and just ordered 3 from an RV dealer on a whim. Not sure if they will fit.

(\__/) (((( ))))
/O O ./ ((( ))))
{O__, \ (( )))
/ . . ) \ )))))
|-| '-' \ (()
.( _( )_.'
'---.~_ _

squrlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrajb
... I was very TIRED of all the work and precious camping time it took to get set up. I watched SIX trailers pull in and set up in the time it took me to finish setting up my popup. On the way home I hit the internet...looking for something with solid sides you didn't have to prop up, blow up, or tie up. I noticed these interesting, intriguing things call Airstreams. Hmmmm. At first I thought, "how ugly...yet oddly attractive." Began reading, found this site and others, and the rest is history. I'm a junkie with no needle marks. There's definitely Airstream DNA in my system now. Can I get a witness, brutha's & sista's in the North, South, East, & West?
Precious...Precious... one ring to bind them....

Yep.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote