Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2019, 10:53 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
Cool It’s hard to sleep...

The lady and I just signed for a Globetrotter 25FB and we couldn’t be more excited! We could barely sleep last night from all of the excitement, especially coming from our Flying Cloud 23D. We are full timers and moving down to Tennessee in less than two weeks, so there are big changes ahead! The upgrades in conveniences, design and simple living area in our new rig is almost too much to take in all at once!

Unfortunately, our experience has been much less than optimal with the extensive number of warranty repairs that it has needed at our local dealership. They finally came through with a deal though, and I’m excited to be much closer to the mothership for the (expected) future repairs!

I just needed to share this with you fine folks and I’m happy to post any photos if anyone’s interested when we pick up on Wednesday! We will have two days to set up and then hit the road! The hardest part is done though: our Ram’s name is Chief, and the GT’s name will be Carolina.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Big changes, for better I hope.

Enjoy your new Airstream & Tennessee!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Big changes, for better I hope.

Enjoy your new Airstream & Tennessee!
Thanks a bunch! We plan to!
Old 06-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieMac13 View Post
. . .
Unfortunately, our experience has been much less than optimal with the extensive number of warranty repairs that it has needed at our local dealership. They finally came through with a deal though, and I’m excited to be much closer to the mothership for the (expected) future repairs!
. . .

Hope you are not trading in your past disappointments . . . for inflated expectations of better quality in the new AS.

"The devil you know may be better than the devil you don't know" or something like that?

The 25' is a great length . . . we had one back in the 90's.

Happy Trails!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
kpm
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Mound , Minnesota
We made the same upgrade from a 23D to a 25 FBT. The difference in light and sleeping comfort will make you smile. The potty is also much better Yes, please post some photos.
kpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:21 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post

Hope you are not trading in your past disappointments . . . for inflated expectations of better quality in the new AS.

"The devil you know may be better than the devil you don't know" or something like that?

The 25' is a great length . . . we had one back in the 90's.

Happy Trails!

Peter
That's a very good point! I've never heard this saying, but it rings true to me. I'm glad to have the reminder to keep my expectations in check. And in fact, I expect to have a good amount of repairs, though I'm really hoping that we have better luck than our current local dealer/service center!

And it is a great length, it seems to be our Goldilocks size! It was actually this video that made us go and check out the 25' and compare heavily with the 27' and 30' models:

Old 06-12-2019, 05:24 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm View Post
We made the same upgrade from a 23D to a 25 FBT. The difference in light and sleeping comfort will make you smile. The potty is also much better Yes, please post some photos.
I'm so glad others have had good experiences too! And it was interesting how I thought we could deal with that corner bathroom, being that one should spend very little time in there. It turns out bathroom space is quite valuable.

The only downside is that this model is a dual AC model, and being that we boondock 100% of the time, I feel as though we're really going to miss the airflow from the second vent. does anyone have a good workaround? We're thinking about retrofitting a vent, maybe in place of one of the ACs, though that's down the road a bit.