Old 03-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #43

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engie
Very cool experience at the AZ rally of AS owners. Learned even more saw both new and refurbished units was graciously welcomed by all. The search continues now with additional information.
Lucky! They have great rallies! Good luck on your search, if I was ready to move up to a 23' I'd sell you ours but we're still loving the very nimble Bambi!

blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
The 4CU gang enjoyed meeting you and your family at the St Pat's Day Rally, Engie...loved showing you our rig and chatting with you about model nuances, this and that and the other thing...also glad you got the nickle tour of Louis & Sergio's vintage rig...

Hope to see you again soon, WITH your Airstream!

AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #45
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
#5---I certainly like seeing posts such as yours about the Bambi (ours 19')....It keeps me in the game. We have had ours since 12/2011 and have not been any further than the driveway. As soon as I get the Powerhead fixed, will attempt our first jaunt....You'll find this Is a great bunch, if you haven't already. Tom
Old 04-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Tempe , Arizona
Ok gang I have a new question as we continue our hunt for our perfect used airstream. The seller of a unit we are looking at inTexas in response to my question about if the seller was including any anti sway bars or anti sway hitch with the unit his response was that the unit "comes with a full equalizer hitch (which serves also as anti-sway control)" Is that a true statement and what would be the name brand of a full equalizer hitch.

Thanks Engie the potential newbie
Old 04-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #47
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engie View Post
Ok gang I have a new question as we continue our hunt for our perfect used airstream. The seller of a unit we are looking at inTexas in response to my question about if the seller was including any anti sway bars or anti sway hitch with the unit his response was that the unit "comes with a full equalizer hitch (which serves also as anti-sway control)" Is that a true statement and what would be the name brand of a full equalizer hitch.

Yep...sure is.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
I know what you mean about a love affair with an individuals Airstream Bambi's. My wife and I are taking our first camping trip in a couple weeks, Have the Bambi 19' SE and have fallen in love with it in the driveway. We just got a new Toyota Tundra just to make sure we are able to keep up in case we ever "join a caravan." As a new guy, I believe it is to our best interest to join a group somehow. Thank you all. CYA, Tom
Old 04-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #49
2 Rivet Member

1969 18' Caravel
Bee Cave , Texas
Look and study the different floor plans offered in each year. They are so different from year to year in the vintage trailers. Think about what it will be like when you have the bed down. Many floor plans require you put up your bed each day. Good luck and take your time ....
Old 04-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engie View Post

Yes, and it is an "Equal-I-Zer" brand name.
Unit #3954
Old 04-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Penokee , Kansas
At first when I read,, about that Airstreams talk,, I felt this fellow took on too much sun,,, but the more I sat I have to agree.. Every Airstream we looked at in some way reached out and said buy me,, buy me..

Glad I walked away from the ones I did as it was going to be a lot of work to get them into shape..

Welcome to the group,, and a new life style others wish they had..

Sodbust

20mpg empty, 14 mpg with 27' Overlander.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Sodbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Tempe , Arizona
Finish Inside Airstream

I have a question for the group are all airstream floor finishes where the flooring meets the trailer sides inside of the trailer just inside the door finished as shown in the attached photo? This look unfinished to me but may be what they all look like. To be honest I have never looked at the other units I have been in but received this photo today from my brother that went to look at the unit for me that we are considering out of state.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0076.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	155239  
Old 04-08-2012, 02:53 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Engie...

That stuff along the edge of the floor where it meets the inside wall is not normal. It looks like a sloppy repair of some sort. I'd be suspect. And if that is discoloration of the vinyl flooring and not just dirt near wall and near the front & side of the drawer under the dinette, I'd suspect there is floor water damage underneath the flooring. Not a happy picture.
Unit #3954
Old 04-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #54
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs down Danger, danger Will Robinson....

.....are all airstream floor finishes where the flooring meets the trailer sides inside of the trailer just inside the door finished as shown in the attached photo? ..
"This look's unfinished to me but may be what they all look like."

Never been in a newer Bambi, but I certainly hope not.

As noted above, probably shiddy water damage repair.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #55

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
I'd say stay away. Here's a shot of ours, a few small gaps but not at all like the photo you showed us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3522775132.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	155269  
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #56
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Tempe , Arizona
Thank you all we were very concerned with some smaller items as well and this obvious issue was a huge concern. We were leaning strongly towards this unit until I had my brother look at this. Glad that this forum told me early on to look at the flooring which he did and snapped this photo. But as I stated I did not look that closely at the flooring interface before, I will from now on. The hunt continues.

Happy Easter to All