Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Tempe , Arizona
Ok so I have a question is an anti sway bar required with a safari AS? If yes why.
Engie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Orem , Utah
I towed mine home with liberty

I would like added peace of mind towing in heavy rains,snow think WD and anti sway would be nice feature. 16ft sport saves some weight and might be doable without. Remember it's 9feet 4 inches tall and 8 foot wide, 16.7 feet long. Like tossing up sail on boat. Wonder how 19fter tows with out wd on smaller truck suv.

Not sure if I could lift it onto top of my truck.

This is one of my favorite camping sites to bad my AS does not have diesel motor. Ok will trade bambi for new interstate mercedes sprinter van lol. I am having hard time believing jetta could pull this boat let alone AS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0285.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	457.1 KB
ID:	152490  
starcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #23
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engie View Post
Ok so I have a question is an anti sway bar required with a safari AS? If yes why.

jtn,

Why..to make the trip as safe and comfortable as possible for you and yours, and your fellow travelers.

Required...no. But highly recommended.

You will find some folks here that felt their shorter/lighter single axle AS's wouldn't need SC, but changed their minds fairly quickly.
I towed a 22' Safari with a variety of TV's and it was always more comfortable/secure with WD & sway control.

Others may disagree and probably will, after all Wally pulled with a bicycle.

Bob
Old 03-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Tempe , Arizona
Ok from the AS newbie so there was a safari with an ad on this forum in AZ for sale, I called the day it was posted and was told it sold, that very same day eBay the same unit with the same pictures shows up for auction at a different phone number, same area of AZ, secondly you can see in the photos another AS behind it on both postings here and eBay and again marked for sale was both were the same unit for sale is this a scam? Just curious seems strange to me something just feels weird.

Engie the newbie.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Could be a scam....especially on eBay...be careful and don't buy anything that you can't look over in person. That having been said, Bambi's don't last long on the market as they are in quite demand. You'll need patience, but the right rig will come your way. Re Anti-sway...yes....recommended... There are places to get an AS worked on in AZ...we go to Oasis since we are out of warranty (when we were still under warranty they were still an authorized repair center). Looking forward to the new one in Scottsdale coming into being.

We bought our 2006 Safari SE new in 2007 and absolutely love it. We vowed not to let it become an expensive piece of yard art and so far we have kept that vow...we go out as often as we can, usually a couple times a month and in the winter months more here in SoAZ...we have not gone all that far from home yet but we go often and stay out as long as we can ... happily we have been all around the SW pretty much... is it time to go camping again??

Good luck with your quest. You'll have a blast. When you get a rig we'll get you to a Four Corners Unit rally to meet a great bunch of Airstreamers and the rest will be nothing but fun history. In fact, if you'd like to come by and visit us at our St Pat's Day rally at McDowell Mt Regional Park 15-20 Mar ... it's a great opportunity to look at different Airstreams and ask a lot of questions...I think we are going to have between 25 and 30 rigs, no two alike, newer and vintage. PM me if interested.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Beware of craigslist scams...that should go without saying...but better to say it;-)
There are a bunch of them going around about the Bambis.
This means you (or have someone you trust) should actually set eyes on the trailer.
Have fun shopping!
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Tempe , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich
Could be a scam....especially on eBay...be careful and don't buy anything that you can't look over in person. That having been said, Bambi's don't last long on the market as they are in quite demand. You'll need patience, but the right rig will come your way. Re Anti-sway...yes....recommended... There are places to get an AS worked on in AZ...we go to Oasis since we are out of warranty (when we were still under warranty they were still an authorized repair center). Looking forward to the new one in Scottsdale coming into being.

We bought our 2006 Safari SE new in 2007 and absolutely love it. We vowed not to let it become an expensive piece of yard art and so far we have kept that vow...we go out as often as we can, usually a couple times a month and in the winter months more here in SoAZ...we have not gone all that far from home yet but we go often and stay out as long as we can ... happily we have been all around the SW pretty much... is it time to go camping again??

Good luck with your quest. You'll have a blast. When you get a rig we'll get you to a Four Corners Unit rally to meet a great bunch of Airstreamers and the rest will be nothing but fun history. In fact, if you'd like to come by and visit us at our St Pat's Day rally at McDowell Mt Regional Park 15-20 Mar ... it's a great opportunity to look at different Airstreams and ask a lot of questions...I think we are going to have between 25 and 30 rigs, no two alike, newer and vintage. PM me if interested.
Not sure how to pm on this forum but yes would be interested in more information regarding the Arizona gathering.

Engie the newbie
Old 03-06-2012, 05:13 AM   #28
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Thumbs up

Quote:
Not sure how to pm on this forum but yes would be interested in more information regarding the Arizona gathering.

Engie the newbie
Engie,

Just click the user name of the person, and choose "send a private message" and your good to go.

As others have noted the Bambi'a are hot in the after-market, the newer ones come up often as folks up-size and they usually sell FAST!!
Be patient if you can and try and make that Rally, you'll have a blast and learn a lot.

Bob
Old 03-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #29

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
It took us awhile to find our Bambi! Lost out on a couple but all were a long distance from home. We got lucky and found one in Williamsburg VA (1200 miles away) and negotiated over the phone. Once a deal was set I found a volunteer inspector willing to go check everything out and he gave it a big thumbs up (only used 3 times) so we set up a time we would both be at the banks and I paid for it and the bank sent the title. It was a month before I went to go get it but I felt very good about the owner etc. You have to be careful dealing out of town but the volunteer inspector helps a great deal. It will take some time but you will find the perfect Bambi! If you need help, just ask. We all love to look at trailers!

Here is the first picture when I finally got there and the PO Art and Shirley. Wow over two years ago! How time flys when your having fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2331317035.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	599.4 KB
ID:	152660   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1821823298.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	531.8 KB
ID:	152661  

blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
I see a couple mentioned the scams that are out there. I played along with a couple of them--come to find out, they were the same--that advertised a 2008 Bambi 19' for a rediculas price of under $2300. Just as the posting warn, they use about the same story of hudband/wife/child died the offer to send trailer, free, to your address. These 2 wanted it to take place under Yahoo finances (they don't have such a thing). The're a bunch ofem ouit there, so be careful. I have seen several nice ones on e-bay, such as mine, that was well worth the money. Good luck, my friend.
mocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #31
AirTer

2009 22' Sport
Weimar , Texas
Get an Inspection

Hey! We are Newbies, too. Just bought our 2009 22 Sport in Jan. Make sure you get an inspection!! Especially the roof. We knew it needed resealing when we bought it but did not realize the skylight was trash! Apparently they are not put on very well at the factory. We are having to replace the skylight with a much better one which is made by a company in the Dallas area. My hubby got the info from this forum and when he called the skylight company they told him they had approached Airstream to make decent skylights and were told "not interested". Well, live and learn. Glad this forum is here!!
AirTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Orem , Utah
Mitch that is beauty

No inspection needed lol still has stickers Price tells you it's scam hope nigerian weazels do not figure this out. They list Toyota tacomas $2300, seqouias so forth um yeah who would be foolish enough to call. I was watching 19 safari 2005 on ebay bids 20,600 what happened to it.
starcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Tempe , Arizona
This is such a great forum thank you we continue the search.

Engie
Old 03-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:

Engie the newbie
Thanks for the PM ...and we look forward to meeting you at the 4CU St Pat's Rally next week! Lots of Airstreams to look at... See you there!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Tempe , Arizona
Ok I have a lead on a used 2005 Bambi close by going to look at it on Saturday. I have received great advice to date so will look at the flooring, ask about the brakes, hitch components. So how or where do you get an independent inspection? Do you leave a deposit and tow the unit to your mechanic, have the seller drive it to a mechanic you choose, and is there a checklist that they should run through? Any other words of advice are of course welcome.

Thanks
Engie the newbie
Old 03-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #36
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
EtN,

Raise the Wally Flag and ask here if there is a member that would go along for the inspection, worth at try.

Bob
Old 03-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #37

Olathe , Kansas
Great idea. There are several AIR members near by.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #38

Olathe , Kansas
Here is the link to the checklist, it's on the portal page.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ist-43294.html

Good luck!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Tempe , Arizona
Thank you the check list greatly appreciated, the unit was awesome, owner needs to decide if he truly wants to sell an unadvertised AS.

Thanks
Engie the newbie
Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Tempe , Arizona
Looking forward to visiting the Arizona AS gathering this weekend. Should offer opportunity for us newbies to see many models and decors to help on our search.