Old 08-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Jacksonville , Florida

Having been in and out of motorhomes since the '60's, to include some very expensive diesel pushers (the more expensive, the bigger the loss, ask me how I know) and the last was the Airstream Class B Interstate, I've recently acquired the 30 foot/Workhorse Land Yacht, 2005 model. Great condition, promised myself I wouldn't try to make it like new (yeah, right), and am pleased with the size, amenities, and quality. While Thor was never the top of my MH list seems like Airstream managed to keep quality balanced with price. Some odd things tho' part of the motorhome might be just top of the line quality, e.g. stainless brackets, fasteners, and the next part a cheap, stamped, zinc-phosphated bracket with cheap screws. I guess compartmentalization and who's doing what matters.

In any event pleased with the unit, not a 45 foot monstrosity to maneuver around on a day shopping trip, yet roomy enough to enjoy a boondock night's sleep with comfort.

John NE Florida

Pretty near 70 years old, motorcycle (BMW's) and photography nut. LOve reading, mostly trash, whodunits, and my favorite of all: Daniel Silva.

Hope to meet some of you...

jpalamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
1973 Avion Travelcader 25' , ...
Welcome John,

Fellow Beemer here. No Airhead, or Oilhead, just a Flying Brick (K12LTi). Glad to have you with us.

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
Welcome to our merry band of misfits!
Dave Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Ditto....welcome aboard...

Speaking of Moho land yachts, came across this one on the Sacramento Craig's List recently...looks like a great deal for someone, and low mileage as well...

2001 Airstream Class"A" Land Yacht XL 355 W/2 Slides

Looks like a 'roller', ready to hit the road...

Ray & Pat; Morada, CA
Mexray is offline   Reply With Quote