Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
We are gutting it. It's pretty much empty already. We had planned to re-use some wood and vintage equipment, but the more we removed the more we realized that A) the cabinetry wood was stained, rotted in places, and beat up and punctured, and we wanted more functionality than the vintage equipment would provide. Our budget is roughly $7k since we are doing everything (with the sole exception of weld repairs) by ourselves. However, I also already own 90% of the tools that I would otherwise need to buy, and we are not going to be including some large ticket items, like an A/C.

Our biggest decision we have coming up is what to do with the axle, suspension, brakes

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Manhattan Beach , California
I'd be pretty happy to only spend $7k! I only paid $3k for my trailer so to be "done" for $10k would be great!

Mine has a new jack, newer tires, a canopy that only needs a small fix includes 2 new refrigerators. So, those items will save me a few bucks! but, I have one window missing and a few that are plexi and I want glass. My '67 was one of the few years with "curved" windows to I'm sure those will be expensive and hard to find!

I'm worried about the cost of the bathroom. Kitchen wise, I don't plan to do much as we'll likely grill outside most of the time!
lisamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote