Old 04-15-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
1986 32' Excella
Loxley , Alabama

Hello everybody!
Benny here, I have been an RV person nearly all my life. Was invited to attend a Buddy Rally at Pensacola,Fl (Mystic Springs) in 1982,
At that time I owned a 1981 Terry Travel Trailer.
I fell in Love with the ways of Airstreaming, the people and the site.
I wanted to join- Only catch is -you gotta have an Airstream to join.
So we joined. I could hardly wait to get the hat, shirt, and the Airstream jacket with the silver Airstream on them. Man I have so many hat pins of silver airstreams- I don;t have enough hats to put them on.
So you can see that Benny and Jean(my lovely wife of 53 Years) have a love of WBCCI and Airstreaming,
However recent plans for a proposed motion to change the WBCCI that we knew and joined years ago has made me an "unhappy Camper".
If this motion passes we will leave WBCCI and as the first President of The Classic Caravan Club (now known as the Classic Airstream Club Intra club of WBCCI), I will attempt to influence the 200 some current members to do likewise.
I have really had a time with the International IBT leadership over the years trying to attain Intra- Club status for our club but was refused three times.
The last time that I appeared before The International IBT Board and the Delegates Meeting in 2000, I ask the President "Why the Classic Caravan Club was denied Intra-Club status". They said "The Classic Caravan Club offers no useful purpose to WBCCI" I then replied, "Mr President I would like to make a statement ,"The Cassic Airstream is what gives Identity to WBCCI and to The Airstream Company. Other models are produced but just fold into the flock without Identity. Everyone recognizes a Classic Airstream. "So Mr. President, That is our purpose, we don't need any other purpose.
I urge your support in defeating this proposed motion to change what Wally Byam intended for this club.
Thank you for the previlige-- Benny

Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
thanks, benny and welcome. i'm sure a lot of people in this forum site support your ideas. it is an open wound right now. sure do appreciate the way you are jumping right in and trying to instigate a change. we need more people like you trying to make changes for the better in every part of our lives. you sound like a real go-getter and we're proud to welcome you! good luck!

airstreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums, Benny. We are glad to have you with us. I think that you will find many like thinking people on the Forums.
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote