Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #1

1987 29' Sovereign
Waller , Texas
Information about insuring our RV

Have recently purchased a 1987 29' Sovereign. Checked with our auto insurer and they say RV is covered for liability by the towing vehicle. Asked about collision and comp and told they will only cover NADA value of approx $3,200. Does anyone know a company who will insure for the actual resale value? Thanks.
Texasgypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Insurance & Claims - Airstream Forums

There are several threads on the forum above, you might find information there ... Congrats on your new Sovereign! Our insurance co. would only cover the NADA price as well, we covered it anyway even at a $5k loss should the worst happen. We may check around, it would be interesting to see what you find ... Wendy
Old 07-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Check out RV Advantage, we have a stated value policy for our Airstream with them. Haven't had any claims yet but you are correct NADA value isn't the way to go. And if your a WBCCI member you get additional discount.

RV Advantage | FCIS Insurance - RV Insurance, Motor Home Insurance, Travel Trailer Insurance
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
I got tired of trying to find, and read, and understand all the fine print and different, 'creative' ways of stating things that I ran into when I was contacting all the insurance companies direct. And I contacted a BUNCH of them.

Finally, I happened across a knowledgeable agent who deals with a number of different companies and specializes in trucks and RVs. I just told him what I wanted, and he came back with the options and premiums, and less money than ANY of the ones who spend megabucks advertising on television.

by all means shop around. I found differences in premiums of a couple hundred dollars a year. And if you feel like letting an agent tailor a package for you, give him a shot.

Fill in the blanks on the online form for a quote. quick, easy, and free:

RV Insurance Quote From Overland Insurance | RV Insurance | Motorhomes, Travel Trailers and 5th Wheels

compare whatever he comes up with to your other quotes. Nothing to lose.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #5

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Blue Sky RV

I have Blue Sky and like them very much. They had no problems with my @ $10,000 hail claim. Worth asking them about replacement value.

RV Insurance | Motorhome Insurance | Blue Sky RV Insurance
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote