Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
Dylan-VT 1972 27'

1972 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Boro , Vermont
In the middle of Airstream Restoration

Hi
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dylan, I live in Vermont i'm 21 years old, an engineering student, and i have one golden retriever named Lucy.

I bought a 27' 1972 Airstream that was abandoned at a campground a couple years ago from a the owner of the campground that had finally acquired the title and was looking to sell it.

So far i have gutted the thing, and grinded and repainted the hitch.
The motorized jack that was on it was bent so badly i had to sawsal the thing off. It looked like someone tried to tow it away with the jack down too far...

Anyway I have a huge project in front of me and i would love to get a lot done this summer. I have a lot to learn, but this online community looks like a great place to find the help i'm looking for.

Have a Good One!
dylan
InOverHeadVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1993 30' Excella
Lakeland , Florida
Welcome to the Airstream world Dylan:

This is a great resource for finding answers to restoration of your new airstream. Check out the various forums for projects you may need to get into. Be sure to upload some photos, everybody loves before and after photos!

John
arcamedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:06 AM   #3

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Welcome Dylan,

Sounds like you have a project on your hands. Keep us posted on your progress and don't hesitate to post questions as you encounter things unknown.

Best of luck,

Kevin.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:23 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
1974 25' Tradewind
1974 27' Overlander
Indiana , Pennsylvania
Welcome to the world of Airstreaming. You will find that most of the individuals on the forum started the same way you did. There is alot of experience here...don't be afraid to ask questions. And don't forget to camp along the way.

Bob
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote