Old 01-15-2018, 07:50 AM   #29
1 Rivet Member

2017 19' International
lancaster , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiandrews View Post
We used our Airstream as an escape refuge in our own driveway when the air conditioning in our house failed at the start of a Texas 4th of July weekend. It kept us cool and comfortable for the four days it took to get the service man out and for him to find the correct part.
as I go through this process, ideas like yours are another realization. Airstreams are an extra, unattached room of your house! they can offer refuge to things like a busted air conditioner or minor flooding until relief comes along. that's a great story....thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick.l.j View Post
Hi guy, yours was the most entertaining intro I have read ever. I was smiling right from the start.....
thanks, kendrick.l.j I was honestly surprised at how long my post was after I hit submit....a little embarrassed at being so long winded actually. I'm glad it over well for some of you. I love that term...."escape pod"....it so appropriate. not to worry, a lot of practice will be had! thanks for that great welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W Warn View Post
NICE!
Welcome!
thanks, so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevake View Post
Welcome Aluminaut, how did that cool name get overlooked so long.

I really enjoyed you introductory post......
Thanks, Richard! I'm glad you enjoyed that intro....as long as it was

I was pretty surprise myself that that name wasn't scooped up already. I'm sure I wasn't the first person to think of it!

Aluminaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2017 19' International
lancaster , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbj216 View Post
....Here we are in northwestern New York on our way to the Maine coast. We met other very nice Airstreamers who stay in this park all summer. It was lovely. We decided to stay longer, easy to do with an Airstream.

David
wow, David...I've seen pics of your rig from your various other posts on the forum...that's a massive vehicle. it looks beautiful. maybe one day I can handle towing something with 3 axels. thanks for sharing and seeing more of your rights and hearing more of your experiences in the future ....cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaminwild View Post
Beautiful picture of your trailer Aluminant. You know the saying...practice makes perfect. Plan several prepper trips to the Sierras, beaches, Yosemite, Death valley. Book early and have fun prepping. Not a RV guy?.......you are now! Enjoy your new toy
looks like I am....aren't I? preparation and booking early are two important things I've already learned reading through all the stories on this forum....not to worry...that will not be lost on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave man View Post
Prepper seems to have acquired an undeserved negative connotation...
you're absolutely right about that....I'm starting to come around to that fact. thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
Welcome... you can become an “RV guy” or let the aluminum soak in and be an Airstreamers. Up to u.
I'll take aluminum over a box any day! call me an Airstreamer!

Aluminaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

1988 34' Excella
Stanardsville , Virginia
Welcome to the adventure, We have an older AS and being retired can use it for a random couple of days in Shenandoah National Park or go to the Outer Banks for a six week stay with our pets and still be comfortable! Maintenance on our AS has become a hobby for me that I really enjoy and my wife works wonders with the interior. In case of heavy rain flooding or Hurricanes that have caused mud slides in the Mountains where we live we can hook up and move anytime immediately. We have learned a lot and really enjoy the advice, tips and stories in this forum. Glad to be part of this group!

madpiper is offline   Reply With Quote