Old 02-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
Megan,

the Retrobright formula works well. I can say that from experience. We are headed down to TopSail SP on the 20th of Feb. If you want another 'stream to camp with. (two adults, two kids 10 & 12, and on dog)
Thanks! We have plans to go camping in St. Augustine that weekend with friends. We booked it weeks ago before this was even an option. We are hoping that we can take Rosie with us, but I'm not sure. We need to do a few things before she's road ready.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #30
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
Congrats on the Ambassador. I know you'll love her to death. It takes a while to get all the cleaning done, for sure! Enjoy!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:10 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1960 28' Ambassador
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Congrats. Isnt it exciting to have a "new" toy? We have our 1st trip planned in our 73 Tradewind April 8 to the Tampa Blues Festival. Camping at a nearby KOA on the Bay.

Then Suwannee River Jam at the end of April, Anastasia SP in May, Desoto Fort in June, Hunting Beach SC in Aug, and Juniper Springs and Gamble SP in October. Rah Yeah. So many places to stay, so little time to get to them.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructor View Post
Congrats. Isnt it exciting to have a "new" toy? We have our 1st trip planned in our 73 Tradewind April 8 to the Tampa Blues Festival. Camping at a nearby KOA on the Bay.

Then Suwannee River Jam at the end of April, Anastasia SP in May, Desoto Fort in June, Hunting Beach SC in Aug, and Juniper Springs and Gamble SP in October. Rah Yeah. So many places to stay, so little time to get to them.
Wow! That sounds fun!!!

We are going to Anastasia this weekend. It's my favorite place to camp, we actually got engaged there (many years ago). Turns out our Airstream is not going to be road ready yet, however, I'm hoping it will be soon.

Be careful at Wannee. If its the one I'm thinking, my friends go and its drug induced insanity. You may be totally cook with that, but just so you aren't shocked...
Old 02-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top View Post
Congrats on the Ambassador. I know you'll love her to death. It takes a while to get all the cleaning done, for sure! Enjoy!
No kidding! Any tips? The first weekend, we spent two days cleaning the front room and kitchen. Today I spent an hour in the bathroom and it didn't get me very far. Someone put the hideous carpeting in the medicine cabinet and I'm seeing that it needs all new caulking and plastic of the counter/sink/tub has really turned.

I don't think I'm ever going to get it totally clean w/o remodeling. It will be many years before we can remodel it though.

We wound up not going to St. Augustine this weekend as we couldn't get out of work. I did sleep in the Airstream for the first time with the kids though and it was pretty comfy. It was roomier than I expected, but the bed was very hard.

I can't wait to get it all cleaned up and get her on the road!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1960 28' Ambassador
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan

Wow! That sounds fun!!!

We are going to Anastasia this weekend. It's my favorite place to camp, we actually got engaged there (many years ago). Turns out our Airstream is not going to be road ready yet, however, I'm hoping it will be soon.

Be careful at Wannee. If its the one I'm thinking, my friends go and its drug induced insanity. You may be totally cook with that, but just so you aren't shocked...
We made that mistake once. It as crazy, noisy, bunch of wild people. This is the river jam, a bunch of country fans in golf carts. Lots of fun and great music. Are fav this year will be Gary Allen.

Can't wait to go to Anastasia again after 40+ years.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Orlando , Florida
We have figured out how to hang new curtains. We bought the track runners, clips and hooks from IKEA. The track runners did not fit the track, BUT the clips that you would normally use to hold the fabric, clip on to the existing plastic track runner. From there I hung a hook, so we will need to have grommets added to whatever fabric we select and then we'll just hang it from the hooks. We also need to get the flooring in. I'll post pics later.

I've been using it as an office for a few months now, using a stand up AC placed right next to me-Its Florida! We havent done much with it other than keep it clean and friends still come over sometimes and have drinks with us out there. We need to get a move on and get her road ready!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #36
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Orlando , Florida
So yesterday I paid a guy $450 to install the laminate flooring. I would have preferred cork, but I think this still looks nice, adds some light to the all the heavy dark tones, and was SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive. Here are some pictures. We still have a little bit to do to get her road ready, but I'm hoping that we'll be able to take Rosie out within the month.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	141767   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Views:	60
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	141768  

Name:	photo (2).JPG
Views:	67
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	141769  
Old 10-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #37
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Looking good, Rosie!

Jealous of your geography right now. We are about to put Henri (our Sovereign) to bed for the winter. :'( You get to keep using your trailer all winter!

Have a blast camping!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Commerce , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage
Looking good, Rosie!

Jealous of your geography right now. We are about to put Henri (our Sovereign) to bed for the winter. :'( You get to keep using your trailer all winter!

Have a blast camping!
I just bought a 1972 Argosy. Pulled it 900 miles to get to Durango, Co. Pulling out of here in morning before possible snow fall headed to Albuquerque. I hope to get in time for the glowdeo tomorrow night.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #39
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Orlando , Florida
Oooh, what's Glowdeo? Sounds fun. Yes, we cant use it as much during the hotter, summer months, but we plan on getting a good 6 months of use out of her soon. We have never taken her out before, so I am planning on taking a short trip, close by to St. Augustine for our anniversary. My husband and I used to camp there when we were young and that's where we got engaged. We upgraded over the years to staying in B & Bs, renting houses on the water, and now I think it will be so fun to go back to our "roots" in style and living our dream, 15 years later. We'll have to learn all of the ins and outs of how to pack, what needs repairs, and how we'd change things up if we need to to accommodate the whole family. I'm beyond excited! I'm also hoping to have a friend of mine who is a landscape architect, design her "pad" at home so it is seemless into the design of the yard and our mid-century house.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Commerce , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan
Oooh, what's Glowdeo? Sounds fun. Yes, we cant use it as much during the hotter, summer months, but we plan on getting a good 6 months of use out of her soon. We have never taken her out before, so I am planning on taking a short trip, close by to St. Augustine for our anniversary. My husband and I used to camp there when we were young and that's where we got engaged. We upgraded over the years to staying in B & Bs, renting houses on the water, and now I think it will be so fun to go back to our "roots" in style and living our dream, 15 years later. We'll have to learn all of the ins and outs of how to pack, what needs repairs, and how we'd change things up if we need to to accommodate the whole family. I'm beyond excited! I'm also hoping to have a friend of mine who is a landscape architect, design her "pad" at home so it is seemless into the design of the yard and our mid-century house.
The glowed was canceled because of wind. One brave team aired their balloon. I will post picture when I can.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3949830277.png
Views:	45
Size:	689.4 KB
ID:	142077  

Tags
1976 ambassador