Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2007, 02:38 PM   #1

2003 25' Safari
Ocala , Florida
Ignition lockout fault

We purchased our 19' Bambi Safari in Nov 2005 and have had several small problems. Both of the roof vent covers had to be replaced, the water pump had to be replaced, the shower head was leaking, the black water pipe was leaking, and now the furnace won't work.
The furnace is an Atwood Hydro flame model 7916 and I am getting red lights indicating an "ignition lockout failure"! Is this something I can fix or should it be done by the dealer? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Richard Nix
poppopnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Richard, That will depend on your knowlege and skills. While I'm fairly mechanical, I know next to nothing about those heaters and I would take mine in to the dealer. You on the other hand, may have the know-how to tackle it.
Maybe someone will chime in here.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Kathryn Mackay

2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Victoria , British Columbia
Smile ignition Lockout Fault

we just had this happen and are absolute newbies to RVing and airstreams. Went online and had someone recommend lighting the stove top elements, keep them on, THEN trying the furnace, to help pull gas through the lines if there was air in there. Yup, it worked. Hopefully it will manage now on it's own because it's a cold, cold night!
kjbowler is offline   Reply With Quote