Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
If I purchase an Argosy, will I earn painted AirForum rivets?

Hello Everyone!!!

I have been on the forum for over a month without introducing myself, but it's time now that I am on the eve (literally) of making a purchase, I mean "deposit on ownership", for a 1975 Argosy 26'. I wanted to say "thank you" to the community of forum contributors...it's very encouraging as a first time Airstream owner and I look forward to meeting some of you during our travels.

And yes, pix will be on the way when I take them tomorrow!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 07-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #2

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3sonsdad
Hello Everyone!!!

I have been on the forum for over a month without introducing myself, but it's time now that I am on the eve (literally) of making a purchase, I mean "deposit on ownership", for a 1975 Argosy 26'. I wanted to say "thank you" to the community of forum contributors...it's very encouraging as a first time Airstream owner and I look forward to meeting some of you during our travels.

And yes, pix will be on the way when I take them tomorrow!

Cheers!
Jim
Congrats! And you know us very well...we love pictures!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
More Argonauts! And personally I think it's a very good year.

I'm looking forward to pictures.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 27
Lacey , Washington
my3sonsdad,
As a fellow "Argonaut" ( I like that) welcome to the AS Forums and to the world of AS. Awaiting pics please. Is it in need of paint? jjustice
jjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Pix of the 75 Argosy 26....

75 Argosy 26 - a set on Flickr

Owner is putting on a new set of tires before towing. Not sure if you can see in these photos, but pay close attention to the street side tire well. Is the loose trim a sign of separation? I did note some movement when I stood on the bumper
my3sonsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #6

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3sonsdad View Post
Pix of the 75 Argosy 26....

75 Argosy 26 - a set on Flickr

Owner is putting on a new set of tires before towing. Not sure if you can see in these photos, but pay close attention to the street side tire well. Is the loose trim a sign of separation? I did note some movement when I stood on the bumper
I'm pretty sure that trim is just trim. The "separation" you read about as a great bugaboo on this forum in rear-bath trailers is usually around the rear bumper, not at the wheel wells. If there's separation I think you'd see movement between the bumper supports (or the top edge of the bumper locker) and the panels above the bumper.

Overall, your trailer looks quite nice. You have a few cosmetic things to deal with (the upper lockers, e.g.) but it doesn't look scary at all.

I guess for the extra 2' (compared to my 24) you get another (big) closet and a slightly bigger bath. I must say I'm jealous of your plain, light-colored curtains.

PS: Apparently when I have enough wine I really like parentheses.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:27 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
If there's separation I think you'd see movement between the bumper supports (or the top edge of the bumper locker) and the panels above the bumper.
Somewhere, maybe in a post from Inland Andy, I thought I remembered reading how the trim popping off the wells was a secondary sign of the stresses caused by the separation. In my search over the last 2 months, I have stood on a few bumpers and this one had more movement than the others....not a lot, but just enough that I could notice the difference. I did poke around the rear bath, where I could reach, to see if I could find any rotted flooring, but didn't find any. I have a 1300 mile journey home (Indiana to DC by way of Ocracoke OBX) so I want to make sure it's road ready.

Btw, your interior is immaculate by comparison!
my3sonsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
flygrrl

1962 19' Globetrotter
Winchester , Ontario
Hahahaha

DKB_SATX, What a hoot, I am constantly amazed by how well spoken and hilarious the posts are. You may have had enough wine but you can still spell very well, and your syntax is still hangin' in.
Thank you for a wonderful chuckle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
I'm pretty sure that trim is just trim. The "separation" you read about as a great bugaboo on this forum in rear-bath trailers is usually around the rear bumper, not at the wheel wells. If there's separation I think you'd see movement between the bumper supports (or the top edge of the bumper locker) and the panels above the bumper.

Overall, your trailer looks quite nice. You have a few cosmetic things to deal with (the upper lockers, e.g.) but it doesn't look scary at all.

I guess for the extra 2' (compared to my 24) you get another (big) closet and a slightly bigger bath. I must say I'm jealous of your plain, light-colored curtains.

PS: Apparently when I have enough wine I really like parentheses.
flygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote