Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2006, 08:49 PM   #1

1976 29' Ambassador
abbotsford , BC
I almost sold it as scrap metal

Hi there.

I recently became the owner of what I was told is a 76 Ambassador trailer that my dad was going to restore (he passed away 2 years ago). It is gutted (but all insides kept).

I have no knowledge or time to work on the restoration and mentioned to some friends that I was going to call the scrap yard to cut it up and remove it. They freaked out and said I needed to sell it to a good home. Not too sure where to go from here.

I do love the trailer but it is just too much for me to take on. Im just trying to find out if it has any value or if it was just talk. Any thoughts?

The outside of it is in very nice shape with a few small dents and scratches.

Thanks.
Rysue99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Click the Classifieds Button

Look at the top of the screen and click on the classified's button. Offer it for sale right here. Pictures are helpful if that is possible. The only time you need to sell one for the aluminum scrap value is if it has been demolished by a tree, burned or rolled over in a wreck. There are crazy folks here who will do the "full monte" on a desolated Airstream. (use Search and look for "mouse poop" or "full monte")

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:27 AM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Rysue99,
I am sure there is somebody somewhere that would love to have your 76 as a project. The fact the parts are all there is a plus. I have no idea what the real world value of it would be, but here in the deep south I would think that a starting price around $3500 wouldn't be unreasonable.But be willing to take offers) I have paid less than that for complete trailers that were one step away from the scrap yard and slightly more than that for trailers that needed work. Pictures would be a big plus. Also FWIW the Ambassador is a 29' trailer and is not as desirable as say a Bambi or Tradewind which are shorter and lighter.

Good Luck with you sales and when you do sell it make sure you point the new owner towards this forum...from the sound of it they might need it

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:36 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forum, I am glad you found us. Yes your Airstream has value to someone. You can advertise it free both here on the classifieds and on Fred's Page: http://www.airstreammotorhomes.com/. There will be someone who will be happy to take it and bring it back to life.