Old 01-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
THE RANCH , Texas
Howdy from Texas...Hook 'em!!!

I recently was the "winner" on Ebay of a 1992 29' Excella AS. It was not at all as it is was represented, but I was 1500 miles (one way) from home. Needless to say, the seller already had my cash as well. She (AS) doesn't have a name, decor, or anything but a barn to sleep in. Does anyone have this same AS? If so, please contact me. I have a 1962 10' Shasta that I have restored in the "Cowgirl Style".. I love it, but it is a little small for Sister (my rescue choc. lab) and me. Now I own this AS a.k.a "The Money Pit'!!! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for the welcoming to your group. Pray, sleep (some), and enjoy life! Adios!

Old 01-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Uh oh, 'nuther Longhorn just came aboard. There are lot's of y'all around here, welcome to the forums.

Click on the forums button above and scroll down towards the bottom. You should find a sub-forum for your model & year. I haven't checked it, but there are probably several threads there for you to read.

Oh yes, post pictures, we always love pictures of members new "finds".

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
Uh oh, 'nuther Longhorn just came aboard. There are lot's of y'all around here, welcome to the forums.
You better believe it.

HOOK 'EM HORNS BABY!

Congrats on your new AS. "Money Pit" is likely correct, but we love them just the same. I don't know anything about your particular model, but I'm sure someone else on the Forums will have some information to share.

Good luck!

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
1972 29' Ambassador
St. Paul , Minnesota
My similar saga continues now some 3+ years into the program.. . I am so envious - you have a barn to hide the body, err, dry storage to hold take-offs in while you resurrect 9229!

Just beware you have been exposed to Aluminitus - either practice daily saying "no thank you" or there will be another trailer faster than the twinkle of an eye!

Wabbiteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Welcome to the Forums - Many of us have "Been There and Done That"

Quote:
Originally Posted by callie View Post
I recently was the "winner" on Ebay ... It was not at all as it is was represented, but I was 1500 miles.... Now I own this AS a.k.a "The Money Pit'!!! Any help would be appreciated!
You're in luck - in just a couple of weeks the greatest learning opportunity for Airstreamers in Texas will be occurring just North of Houston. Do a search on "2010 Texas Vintage Airstream Rallly". It will be held over the weekend of Feb 13-14 (actually from Feb 10 to the 14) in Mongomery (just West of Conroe), Texas.

I hope you are close enough to attend. There will be many seminars, in addition, many Airstreamers experienced in rebuilding and repairing Airstreams will be there to answer your questions. There should be well over a hundred Airstreams there for you look at and ask questions of the owners. Even if you have to fly in and stay at a nearby motel it will be a major benefit to you in furthering your understanding of just how to most economically plug the holes in your "money pit" hidden away in the barn.

Learn how to use the "search" tab in the upper right hand pull-down area of the Forums home page - it will soon become your best friend.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
1962 30' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Webster Groves , Missouri
Some friend said an appropriate reply to the "Hook 'em" is "Gig 'em" Wonder why that is?
Bob
Old 01-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
What do you need?

Need to know what you need Callie. If your fairly close (Texas is BIG) I might be able to help some.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbob2 View Post
Some friend said an appropriate reply to the "Hook 'em" is "Gig 'em" Wonder why that is?
Bob
Probly 'cause he's looking to get a good fight started.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
87MH is correct, I understand there will be more seminars scheduled this year than ever before. They will all be held on Thursday and Friday.

GStephens
Old 02-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
ARLINGTON , TEXAS
Send a message via Skype™ to WILDRTEXAS
What is it "THEY" say??...its nothing but money... easy to make...even easier to spend. Good luck with your new project. and YES, HOOK EM HORNS!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion...

Taylor 1/20/96 - 11/28/08

WILDRTEXAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
THE RANCH , Texas
Howdy....if I knew what to do, I'd start....It sounds like you know....what if I tear it up? Right now my "JEWEL" is in the barn in the Panhandle. There is about 10" of fresh snow on the ground. I just go visit and wish for warmer weather, I'm afraid to even tow it very far until I can reattach the trim on the front and get some new shoes! I am so ready for sunshine and warm weather! HOOK "EM! Send me some encouragement, please! Sister says HOWDY to you and your pups....pray, sleep, and enjoy life....Adios!
Old 02-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
THE RANCH , Texas
I am sure sorry about your friend! I am just now finding this mailbox again! So, which one are you?? THE GOOD or the bad!!!??? Pray, sleep, enjoy life.............Adios!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
ARLINGTON , TEXAS
Send a message via Skype™ to WILDRTEXAS
were are your as photos? We like photos here.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion...

Taylor 1/20/96 - 11/28/08

WILDRTEXAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #14
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by callie View Post
Howdy....if I knew what to do, I'd start....It sounds like you know....what if I tear it up? Right now my "JEWEL" is in the barn in the Panhandle. There is about 10" of fresh snow on the ground. I just go visit and wish for warmer weather, I'm afraid to even tow it very far until I can reattach the trim on the front and get some new shoes! I am so ready for sunshine and warm weather! HOOK "EM! Send me some encouragement, please! Sister says HOWDY to you and your pups....pray, sleep, and enjoy life....Adios!
Seeing as how Amarillo is closer to the state capitals of three other states than to Austin, there may be some CO, NM or OK owners out there with advice on suppliers, welders, others. Good luck.

Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote