Old 08-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #57
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
rockwall , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Did you get the Ecoboost or the 5.0?

I bought my '07 used and have had it for less than 2 years, but I've had (and resolved) only 1 problem with it, which it had when I bought it but Carmax pretended it didn't. It was an AC issue that Ford resolved.
I got the eco boost, I believe that is the only configuration that will give you the max towing and payload numbers in a supercrew, except the one that has the max payload and the max towing. I had several dealers look for one but no results. I might have been able to order one, but I really didn't want to wait.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post

I can't deny that I'm seriously (insanely?) tech-oriented, but making peak torque 1100 rpm lower is important for drivability too... at a comparable overall gear ratio, you can stay in a higher gear longer with more torque available. Lower-rpm torque is the drug that diesel addicts are hooked on, after all.
Nothing wrong with being tech oriented.... just my liberal arts education precludes such things..... lol

spent the afternoon wrestling with a new website that the developer decided it would be interesting to turn a simple listing of names into a nifty multi-category php nightmare..... and the funny thing is, when it gets on the page.... it will look just like a list of names. So replacing 8 names went from a 30 second cut and paste to an hour long tussle with the content management system.

i seriously need some AS time...

Dana

Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #59
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Now that you're all setup you definitely need to come hang out with us at the Piney Woods Rally.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #60
3 Rivet Member

rockwall , Texas
I need to figure out how to operate all of the systems, hookups, etc. I also need to work on getting the existing WD hitch setup. It is an older Reese dual cam hitch. Any suggestions?
Old 08-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2007 28' International CCD
Springfield , Missouri
Congrats!! You will love your Airstream.Go online and do a search for your Reese setup video.Very easy to do but is very important that you get it right on a 1/2 ton.I pulled my 28ccd with a 2010 F150 Super crew and it did fine.I just like to take more things with me than most.
Watch your weight of items you buy for the Airstream.Your total payload includes your tv fuel,passengers,trailer tongue weight(plus hitch),anything you put in the truck and things you put in the forward part of the trailer.I found that the F150 and the Superduties F250-F350 have the same size brakes so no worries there.Your trailer brakes will be fine no need for disc's unless it is just your thing.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2007 28' International CCD
Springfield , Missouri
Here is a install link,

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Towing: Travel Trailer Hitch Set-up Procedure
Old 08-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Ramble, can't help on Reese hich, we have EZ, but if I can help with systems maybe next weekend would be glad to
Old 09-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #64
3 Rivet Member

rockwall , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15 View Post
Ramble, can't help on Reese hich, we have EZ, but if I can help with systems maybe next weekend would be glad to
Thanks, I might just take you up on that. I would like to meet you anyway, since we are practically neighbors. What part of Rowlett do y'all live?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #65
3 Rivet Member

rockwall , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflash View Post
Thanks for the link. I looked it over and understand the concepts. Apparently the addition of the dual cam sway setup complicates the procedure somewhat. At least I know what a properly setup hitch is suppose to look like. In my case probably alot of trial and error before I get it right.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #66
3 Rivet Member

rockwall , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflash View Post
Congrats!! You will love your Airstream.Go online and do a search for your Reese setup video.Very easy to do but is very important that you get it right on a 1/2 ton.I pulled my 28ccd with a 2010 F150 Super crew and it did fine.I just like to take more things with me than most.
Watch your weight of items you buy for the Airstream.Your total payload includes your tv fuel,passengers,trailer tongue weight(plus hitch),anything you put in the truck and things you put in the forward part of the trailer.I found that the F150 and the Superduties F250-F350 have the same size brakes so no worries there.Your trailer brakes will be fine no need for disc's unless it is just your thing.
What is your F-150 GVWR?
Old 09-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #67
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramble On

Thanks, I might just take you up on that. I would like to meet you anyway, since we are practically neighbors. What part of Rowlett do y'all live?
Sure, will PM you on Monday.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #68
3 Rivet Member

rockwall , Texas
finally got hooked up and went camping

Went camping last weekend at a local state park. We were a little slow to initially hitch the trailer, having never used a WD hitch, but finally figured it out. Once we arrived, Spent most of the afternoon trying to figure out the systems. Everything worked,(Did not test furnace, too f***ing hot outside). I can report that the short drive with the F150 Eco Boost was outstanding. Transmission locked up in 6th gear most of the trip. I'm anxious to see what happens on a 6% grade or better. We had a great time although it was just a short trip and a test run. We feel more confident. I have a small list of things to repair or replace. We are Happy Campers.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #69
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Lakeland , Florida
Congrats. It's exciting to read about your journey to finally pulling your trailer. We will be picking up in a about 45 days. Hope to run across you Texas campers. We expect to spend quite a bit of time around San Antonio.

Happy Camping and Towing.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #70
3 Rivet Member

rockwall , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomrider View Post
Congrats. It's exciting to read about your journey to finally pulling your trailer. We will be picking up in a about 45 days. Hope to run across you Texas campers. We expect to spend quite a bit of time around San Antonio.

Happy Camping and Towing.
Interesting to note that you are from Maryland. What brings you to Texas?
For the most part, Texas is pretty boring (my opinion is probably skewed by virtue of having been to Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks). That said, it is my understanding that Garner State Park is nice and is in the proximity of San Antonio.