Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Midland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Oh, I'm not scared off. Even if an Airstream is not the ideal trailer for the oil patch I can see that it would work well for other things that I plan to do. After all, I'm not here to work until I die, I am here to replace my stolen motorhome and raise enough fund$ in order to get back to traveling and motorcycling.

Has anyone ever put a Land Rover-style tropical roof on an Airstream?
I love it! I got out of the US Navy with a pregnant wife and a car payment for a 69 GTO. Thought I would hit the oilfield for a few months until I got on my feet. That was 42 years ago and I'm still looking for the exit!! My only regret, SURE WISH I STILL HAD GTO!

Old 05-31-2013, 06:34 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Utopia , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 ford View Post
What kind of bike do you ride? I tool around on a 1977 BMW 100/7. Nothing better than the wind in your face. Happy hunting finding your Airstream.

Still got my R1150GS. There is a K1100RS in storage that she stole that I am trying to get back. K1, K1200LT, and R1100GS are gone or worn out

Old 05-31-2013, 06:41 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Utopia , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStar View Post
I love it! I got out of the US Navy with a pregnant wife and a car payment for a 69 GTO. Thought I would hit the oilfield for a few months until I got on my feet. That was 42 years ago and I'm still looking for the exit!! My only regret, SURE WISH I STILL HAD GTO!

I know the feeling. My 60 year old on again/off again girlfriend called me yesterday to say that it's off again because she has "concerns" and I told her that was fine. If she still has those concerns when I get released from here in a few weeks then I will assume that I have her blessing to get crazy in Nuevo Laredo.

I have heard so many stories of people getting wiped out by ex-wives that I was a bit surprised that it happened to me and I got taken by a gal that I wasn't even married to. She forged documents, transferred titles secretly, managed to do quite a bit without leaving any documentation behind, and then fled. Bloody amazing!

Oh well, the one good thing about starting over is that the second time around you can do it better based on your previous experiences.

And while I find the Texas desert to be entertaining I sure am looking forward to spending time elsewhere
Old 05-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Midland , Texas
Hey, you live in Utopia. What do you want, Shangri La?
Old 05-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

Utopia , Texas
Actually, Utopia is a friend's place and I just park there every so often. The forum doesn't have provision for "Better Class of Perpetually Wandering Homeless"