Old 07-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Marana , Arizona
Talk about some great, immediate help! I'm impressed.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #16
x

XXXX , XXXX
No Power

KX2and 2. Are you sure you still have shore power. Check the breakers from wherever you are plugged into. Try resetting the breakers in the trailer. If they trip they will look fine. Turn them off and on again to reset them

Old 07-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #17
x

XXXX , XXXX
Great Help

Spot, us cannucks are a friendly bunch and glad to have other streamers to talk to.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #18
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
thoughts on posting

Ken,

AS followed the lead of the car manufacturers and started making next year's production in the second half of the current year. Silly and confusing, but there it is.

As far as posting questions, there seems to be two schools of thought as to how and where. Some people start something I would call a "blog" thread, but I have to be careful, because there is a blog function in airforums.com (which I have yet to use). Typically, they would find the sub-forum for their model and year of trailer, and start a new thread there, adding everything they do and ask about in the single thread.

That makes a continuous "story" about your vehicle, and even any trips you take in it, while keeping it all together in one spot, easy to find and refer to.

The other popular way is to find the section that you think has most to do with your question, say cleaning, or plumbing, and either adding on to a thread there, or if you can't find a thread that covers your issue, start a new thread.

I start to read the forums by first going to threads where I have posted and someone has replied after I have. You do this by clicking on the Quick Links button in the dark blue horizontal bar up top. Under Quick Links, there is "Subscribed Links", which takes you to new messages in threads where you have previously posted.

Then I go and click on "New Posts" in the same blue bar. There I read the posts that interest me.

So you see that whichever way you decide to post your voyage with your new TT, people that want to read your posts will find them with equal ease.

Although I have a "blog-type" post here, it's been a while since I wrote in it, but you will get the idea.

There are many fascinating and really long threads that you will find. I spent a lot more time reading than writing on here, and I still do. There is just so much good stuff written by the great 'Streamers here.

The last thing I will mention is that there is a great search function here, up again in the blue bar. I personally prefer the Google version of it, but you'll decide that on your own. I think it's important to get into the habit of using it before you post a question, since you will very often find the answer there first, and yet, you may still post in order to get some clarification.

See you down the road!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Marana , Arizona
I never met a Canadian I didn't like. Actually, unlike many of my friends here, I was routing for the Canadian hockey team in the Olympic finals. I was just the right thing to happen!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #20
x

XXXX , XXXX
Spot: Then you haven`t met any of our politicians.LOL
Old 07-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Calgary , Alberta
We have AC Power ....

Evening,

I did another check of the breakers - still all OK, and turned on the AC - yeahhh, we have cold air... although after a few minutes it blew the breaker in the house (15Amp) So I have shore power, is that the correct term?

So I guess the inverter/converter has finally given up... so no DC power until that is replaced. Any suggestions on a good replacement model appreciated.

Ken
Old 08-01-2010, 05:53 AM   #22
x

XXXX , XXXX
Ken 15amp breaker from house for shore power is not enough to run air. That is why breaker tripped. Don`t condemn converter (converter changes 110VAC to 12VDC and inverter changes 12VDC to 110VAC) yet. First you must confirm 110VAC to converter. You will need a multimeter to check this. There are several 12 volt fuses to check, again multimeter comes in handy. You should have 12VDC power on either side of fuse. Place black lead of multimeter on a good ground source and the red lead on either side of the fuses. If you have power only on one side then the fuse is blown. Pull the fuse and it should be visible that the fuse is blown. Check the battery lead connections for corrosion and tightness. Also check the water level in the battery. Use only distilled water to top up. Tap or potable bottled water has too many minerals that will attach to the lead plates in the battery rendering it useless. You can do some quick checks to test 12VDC system. Connect the seven pin harness to your tow vehicle(TV as known here). If you have lights etc. fuse is good. Try boosting the trailer battery with your TV`s battery and booster cables after disconnecting it from 7 pin harness. If you have lights etc fuse is good. If you get lights from 7 pin and from trailer battery and you have 110VAC at univolt converter then yes converter is shot. Most people have replaced these units. My PO changed it before I bought the trailer. I have attached a schematic and testing formula from my 73 service manual for you to look at. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Univolt Schematic.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	107896  
Old 08-05-2010, 06:39 AM   #23
1 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Whitefield , New Hampshire
Congratulations! Welcome!