Old 10-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
1974 31' Sovereign
Black Mt , North Carolina
Hi I'm Rosie, from Ocean City NJ

Rosie here, a 1974 Sovereign, I am named after George Jettson,s maid. My new owners "rescued" me from sitting for ten years. I was a tad stiff at first but they bought some new shoes for me. Im glad they did that because they don,t know squat about airstreams, but they found an AWESOME site online about them, while searching for me. I am grateful for all the information on it, you see, those fearless owners of mine gave me a ride on the Cape May Ferry frst thing! I made it safely to Asheville NC. I guess ignorance really is bliss. I,ve been parked along their house for a little over a week and let me tell you what I have endured so far.... they removed my dry rotted curtains, my messed up mini blinds and the hardware, removed my vent covers and cleaned them and they removed my screens and cleaned them, they removed my goucho, my folding door, my toilet, my bed in the back, my bathroom wall, my folding table, my three wasp nests, my window screens, and some of my old flooring, Im glad to see some of that yellow shag carpet go. These people must really love me, because they have front windows, and the tracks, bleached all my walls in the front and kitchen, bleached some of my tambor doors, and the shelves that went with them, cleaned my kitchen sink with a toothbrush, and cleaned some of my windows outside. Oh yeah today they removed my old rusty stove and fridge, all this, while showing me off to all thier friends that came by. Wait I forgot to mention that they repaired the cracks in the area above my clocks and painted them an aqua color it looks like the sky! I hear them talk about the ideas that they got off an airstream forum.....thanks you guys

ineedair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member
1969 18' Caravel
, Iowa
Hi there Rosie!
It sounds, to me, that you've found a great new home. Now aren't you glad you followed these folks home?
I am sure it was a bit uncomfortable, at first, to get moving around after 10 years of a sedintary lifestyle (not to mention the emotional uncertainty of moving to an unfamiliar neighborhood with people you have just met), but just look at all of the attention and affection you've received already. And it's only been a week!
You just stay put and enjoy your new family and I'll bet you will soon be feeling (& looking) years younger.
You will become devoted to your new family, and their friends will 'ooh and awe' about you.
Do you remember that song "I Don't Get Around Much Anymore"? Well, before you know it you will forget it and be humming the Beach Boys' "I Get Around!"
Yes, it does sound like tagging along behind these people will prove to be a life-changing decision. Congrats!
Oh yeah Rosie, be sure to welcome your new kin to the forum and to the Airstream way of life, for me. Okay?

WBCCI #4568
MarkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Vintage Kin Owner
Fresno/Clovis , California
Clever introduction. Welcome to the forum.
Air# 29488
rogerdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia

I am sorry we missed you this summer. 11 of us along with our people traversed the Blue Ridge Parkway and spent a couple of nights at the KOA near you. It was a great trip even if it rained a lot. It's a lot of fun to get out on the road. Our owners all belong to a Unit of the WBCCI in GA. They have a campground in the North GA mountains just above Helen, GA. When you fell like venturing out, please come and visit us.
Craig and Carol
1997 34' Excella 1000
1970 27' Overlander, International
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Rivet Master
2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Welcome Rosie - great post !!!
~~~~~~ mefly2 ~~~~~>>>
AIR 44105 /WBCCI - formerly 2015-1; Yamaha XT250
:>) ducts are now in a row w / 2015 ducted air :>)
* 2015 Duramax 2500 Diesel * Honda EU3000iS
<>2015 International LE Eddie Bauer FB25<>
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
1974 31' Sovereign
Black Mt , North Carolina
big BIG plans....

Hey, thanks for the replies, I heard my owners Jonathan and Dawn Schultz, talking about measuring me for new formica! And they have picked out the marmolium tiles that they are going to lay on a 45 degree angle. But today, while its spitting snow and freezing they are trying to find someone to repair my 5 year old fridge, while calling around they think they found someone in Maggie Valley NC. While waiting for the guy to call them back, Jonathan is sanding all my walls a bit so when it warms up Dawn can start painitng, Her freind Alisa is gong to help. Im glad I left Ocean city NJ but I am thingking of all those people who live there and hope they dont have too much damage from Sandy!

By the way, I dont think J&D know how to post the video that they have of the day they found me,

ineedair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
1959 24' Tradewind
Santa Rosa , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
Welcome to Airforums Rosie... your 38 years old now... Where ya been all this time?

Thanks for finding us. Let your owners know that we are here for them and we are glad you brought them along.

Keep us posted.

2014 Intl 23' FB
1959 Tradewind 24'
2011 Dodge Dually Crew
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
Rivet Master
1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
A warm welcome to you Rosie and your new owners. I am glad that they found you.

TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Aren't you glad you got out before the storm. Hope you are safe and sound on your new home. Away from the salt water and on higher ground.

Roger in NJ

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote