Old 07-28-2016, 07:04 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
barrie , Ontario
We're from Barrie and Aug.13th we'll pick up our new GTour at an orientation in London. Pretty excited since we've only camped in a 2 person/1 dog tent or from our van or canoe in the past. Apprehensive about the electric system/s since no experience but looking forward to "glamping". Our first trip will be to the RV show in Hershey Penn. to check out "stuff" and then off to North Myrtle Beach for golf and dancing. Yes, retirement. If we survive the dog and no divorce there will be many more km. in our future.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:24 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Algonquin Highlands , Ontario
Hello from Haliburton Highlands, have a 27ft that we are travelling with. Spending 2 months at home before we set out again. Arizona, California for the winter then who knows...
Happy trails and see you on the road.

WBCII #7863
Roadroamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:13 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Thanks for all the greetings and well wishes. Our summer 6 week adventure was wonderful. Mackinaw Island, Sturgis bike rally(a husband must see);best scenery in south Utah - Moab - Bryce Canyon - Zion Nation Park, all must sees. Through Colorado Rockies, Badlands, Death Valley. Grades where between 6-14 degrees and the Tourag TDI handle perfectly as did my driver. We had new back brakes but around Death Valley the Tourag informed us to get new front brakes, did that and felt safer. Yellowstone NP's Old Faithful just gave us a burb. Next summer Yukon, Alaska and NWT, with side trip to Oregon and Washington. Met a few full timers and they loved it. Safe travels everyone.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
So great to hear of your travels. We are in the midst of "planning" our trip to the south this winter. Hoping to hike the Grand Canyon, bike Moab and what ever else comes our way.
WBCII #7863
Old 10-18-2016, 09:22 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadroamin View Post
So great to hear of your travels. We are in the midst of "planning" our trip to the south this winter. Hoping to hike the Grand Canyon, bike Moab and what ever else comes our way.
Consider a visit to Canyon de Chelly as well. It was a highlight of our trip to the southwest a few years ago. We hired a guide and drove into the canyon. Four wheel drive is required or you'll need to hire a guide with a vehicle. You can't enter the canyon on your own. Our guide, who was Navaho, was a wealth of information. We spent about 5 hours in the canyon. It was amazing! The best money we spent on the whole trip!

1946 Spartan Manor
1954 Va-Ka-Shun-Ette
1964 Overlander
1965 Avion C-10 Truck Camper
1974 Sovereign
2005 F-350 SRW 4x4 crew cab long box
TAC ON-5
DavidsonOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:27 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Anyone interested in meeting for lunch

For Burlington, surrounding area and anyone else:

Let us meet for lunch in Nov. I am thinking around mid Nov. Let me know. We would sure like to meet fellow ASERS. Carol and Dan
Old 10-19-2016, 07:50 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2011 28' International
Aldie , Virginia
Catjer -- I am curious if you have any northern Ontario/QC camping to offer feedback on. I've often thought of making the "most northerly" road trips in Ontario (599 to Pickle Lake) or QC (James Bay Road to Radisson/QC-Hydro.)

And my earliest memories in life are staying with the family in Algonquin.

And Ontario gems or off-the-beaten-path locations we might want to consider within the forum audience? [Myrtle Beach doesn't count ]

Ian
Old 10-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new Airstream! We're based out of Central Saskatewan. Our 28'FC has been a wonderful addition to our retirement adventures and could not be happier. If your ever in Central Canada, look us up.

Cheers
Doug
WBCCI#2525

WBCCI #2525 (Region-10 Unit #120)
Air #85270
Arcticfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:04 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
2005 I took my mc to Radisson, camped beside road. Things could have changed since then but it was an amazing trip. The quietness and isolation was incredible. Lots of little side roads with wonderful places to camp.
WBCII #7863
Old 10-21-2016, 09:47 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
barrie , Ontario
Hi Ian,
We haven't RV'd in Ontario yet but have travelled in some parts of Northern Ontario. The north shore of Lake Superior has some beautiful views and there are some good Provincial Parks.
Pickle Lake and other Ontario northern areas offer good fishing and hunting and are more isolated. Since I don't know your interests I can't give specific suggestions about other locations. Glad to help if you get more specific about interests (beaches, biking, fishing etc)
Old 11-03-2016, 12:59 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2011 28' International
Aldie , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadroamin View Post
2005 I took my mc to Radisson, camped beside road. Things could have changed since then but it was an amazing trip. The quietness and isolation was incredible. Lots of little side roads with wonderful places to camp.
I don't want to necessarily hijack the thread - but how do you think one would fare with a 28' Airstream in tow; not on the road - I understand conditions are variable depending on upkeep, but rather finding good locations to overnight, enjoy the view, etc., without getting myself into a situation where I'm stuck backing out a narrow path, etc.?

Ian
Old 11-04-2016, 11:47 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
2005 the road up to Radission was immaculate. I was there in the fall and the campsites were closed. I saw moose, bear and a beautiful wolf right on the road.
You have to use your judgement on the side roads, if they look wide and in good shape you will probably find a turnaround and have no problem. If not you get to practice your backup skills.
Getting a bit late in the year to go up there now.
WBCII #7863
Old 11-13-2016, 06:04 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Thumbs up Let's meet for lunch

If you are available to meet for lunch on Sunday, Nov 27th, at the Mohawk Inn at the 401 and Guelph Line, Campbellville at 1 pm, mark it in your calendar. Let us get together and chat with other local Airstreamers. Share local travel camping locations, tips and tricks of the fantastic AS, and boon docking. Dan and I will be there. I don't know how to send a private message so you can email me at carol1farr@gmail.com and let me know who is coming and I will arrange a table. We both look forward to meeting other Ontarian ASers
Old 11-13-2016, 06:50 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
Toronto , Ontario
Mohawk Inn Meet Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol1farr View Post
If you are available to meet for lunch on Sunday, Nov 27th, at the Mohawk Inn at the 401 and Guelph Line, Campbellville at 1 pm, mark it in your calendar. Let us get together and chat with other local Airstreamers. Share local travel camping locations, tips and tricks of the fantastic AS, and boon docking. Dan and I will be there. I don't know how to send a private message so you can email me at carol1farr@gmail.com and let me know who is coming and I will arrange a table. We both look forward to meeting other Ontarian ASers
Sounds good, sent PM.

WBCCI #6497
Adventure.AS is offline   Reply With Quote