Have thought about an Airstream for a long time and finally talked to the PO last week about a unit that I had seen sitting for a long time ( there's two trees growing up right along side it). This 1969 31' foot Sovereign
is bigger than what I want but the price was too good to pass up. So at least I'm in the game.
Interior and exterior are good but its been sitting since 1995. Some bruises on the shell and only minor clean up inside. But I haven't tried any of the systems yet. First order of business is to get it 170 miles home so I'd appreciate some advice.
1) Will replace the tires. Where are the jacking points? So that I can get all four wheels off and take them to a tire store.
2) How would you advise packing the wheel bearings?
3) Will replace the break away switch.
4) Should I replace the existing light connector and cord set to the TV? 5) Can I test the brakes just by jumping off a battery?
6) How adequate is my 2012 RAM 1500
7) How adequate are the existing original anti sway bars?
Any other advice for this trip? Planning on a mid-week day time move including about 150 Interstate miles.
Thanks in advance, I'm sure there will be many more requests for help.