Old 07-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #1

1975 31' Sovereign
Okatie , South Carolina
Question Hi, Everybody

I have a 1975 Land Yacht that I keep up in the North Carolina mountains. I love it! I don't get up there very much, but I like to keep it in good repair. I have a hard time finding anyone who knows anything about them.
The lights in the ceiling went out, and I can't figure out how to fixthem? Has this ever happened to anyone? I plugged in a space heater, and the lights have not worked ever since, though the socket still works fine. I can't find any blown fuses. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

With every good wish,
Bill

Old 07-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Mansfield , Texas
Sure almost everyone has had electrical problems at one time. Type in electrical or lights or any search word you would like. Use the search bar at the top of this page I hope you find what you need.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Bill-

It sounds like a circuit beaker or fuse. There are 110V circuit breakers and 12V fuses, and the overhead flourescents are 12V.

If you don't have an owner's manual, that sounds like a good investment. Possibly available from Airstream or secretarial service they use to make copies, or maybe someone here on Forums... At least with the manual, you could share that with competent mechanics or service techs and together work out repairs...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:41 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forums. I had a 75 Tradewind and felt it was the best year ever made. I still miss that trailer. You most likely have blown a 12V fuse. Your 110 is on circuit breakers but somewhere you also have a 12V fuse panel. Look under a bed or where your inverter is located, follow the hum.
Good luck and again welcome to the forums.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #5

1975 31' Sovereign
Okatie , South Carolina
Smile Thanks

Thanks for all your help. I will try and solve the problem this weekend. Evinoak
Old 07-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Had the same problem with our 78 Argosy when we tried to replace the overhead lights. Usually was the 50A fuse, but sometimes we messed up one of the smaller fuses too. Gave up and put in a new Intelipower with Charge Wizard (since we leave the trailer plugged in down at the lake all the time to keep the frig. cold). Also bought a new 12V fuse panel and had the local RV man install both for us. He's a great find, but I think you can do all that yourself. The previous owner had played with our 12V panel, so I'm glad we had a pro take it out and replace it with one that we feel safe with.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:36 AM   #7

1986 31' Sovereign
Byron , Michigan
Question LC Arndt

Hello everyone we have a for you's
we need to replace the caulking in our airstream shower but are afraid to pull the old off concerned that the wall covering will come with it. Its in good shape and want to keep it that way.... any helpful hints on how to do it right. Thanks
Old 07-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Welcome and "Use the Search..."

LC-

Welcome to the Forums, and as new member you've earned the double reminder...

1. Learn to use the search tab at upper right in blue bar, by clicking on it and typing in key words you're searching for. Typping in "shower" and "caulk" yielded dozens of stings of messages (threads..) including this one that looks close: http://www.airforums.com/forum...ing-14333.html?

2. If you want to start your very oewn thread, you can't do it from main page, but you can from "Forum" pages.. Click to subject area close (like repairs and plumbing section, and then you will have opportunity to click on button marked "New" and create a thread...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote